- Unemployment rises to 32.5%
- D&AD Shift partners with Google to help secure jobs for diverse creative talent
- 4 directions for the modern graduate to consider in the digital marketing space
Digital Marketing Assistant
|Location:||Cape Town, Century City|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Penguin Random House South Africa|
Job descriptionPenguin Random House is looking for a dynamic administrator to assist the digital marketing team with general administration including:
- Sourcing cover images and title information sheets as requested.
- Liaising with online retailers and providing them with new cover images and title information sheets monthly.
- Designing of email and web banners for promotional purposes.
- Uploading banners to various online platforms.
- Updating title listings on the Penguin Random House website.
- Collecting and uploading audiobook metadata.
- Updating the blogs for various imprints as needed.
- Assisting with market research and survey administration.
- Handling all competition administration and distribution.
- Providing general support and assistance to the Digital Marketing Manager and digital marketing team.
- May perform other related duties as required.
It is essential that the candidate has:
- A minimum of two year’s work experience in an administrative role, and digital marketing and design experience will be advantageous.
- Matric qualification.
- Tertiary qualification - Marketing, English or Communications, and a Design qualification is a necessity.
- Valid driver’s license and own transport.
Core competencies required
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientated.
- Bilingual (English and Afrikaans) - well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both languages is essential.
- A meticulous eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Very good organisational skills and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work quickly.
- A creative and innovative approach.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Skills and knowledge required
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and InDesign. Knowledge of CRM systems and content management systems will be advantageous.
Personal attributes required
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, unflappable, and resilient.
- Energetic, friendly, creative, flexible, and adaptable.
- Be passionate about the field of digital marketing.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly stating your salary expectations.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. If you have not heard from us within six weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 22 Feb 15:59
Apply by emailJason Daniels
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Sales Assistant, Marketing Manager, Marketing Intern, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Coordinator, Store Assistant, Admin Assistant, Executive Assistant, Head of Digital