- GIVEAWAY: 2 copies of Essentials of Retirement Fund Management up for grabs
- Gender equality makes good business sense
- Making unlimited leave policies work for you
|Get jobs on your |
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, Medical Aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job descriptionSummary of Job:
This role exists to provide professional legal expertise and support to the 2U Legal Team in managing commercial and corporate legal requirements for the 2U Cape Town office and GetSmarter short courses. The drafting and reviewing of contracts across the business, as well as the ability to put in place effective contract processes, templates and policies, and address legal and contract needs across the business, are all key aspects of the role.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Specialist review and drafting of high-quality complex agreements for all levels of the organisation, with minimal input from management.
- Manage and maintain company and region-specific policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Deliver high-quality and practical legal advice and support to the business and translate legislation and legal strategy into practices and ensure effective integration into the broader business and approachability for general legal, contract and litigation questions.
- Manage any necessary litigation/claims tracking and mitigation measures.
- Maintain an effective contract management system and local procurement system.
RequirementsEducation and experience:
- LLB Degree.
- Two+ years' post-qualification experience.
- Competencies: Problem Solving, attention to detail, commercially-minded, excellent communication skills and skills in process, project and relationship management.
- Admitted Attorney with contract and commercial experience.
- Technical proficiency in commercial and corporate legal skills.
2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up with minimal support. Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with leaders across the team and within your own division. We don’t micromanage, so you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts. People issues are time-consuming, however, they need ample attention so that the correct processes are followed to avoid legal action. Things change all the time and you will find yourself being pulled in many directions and it is up to you to either sink or swim.
Posted on 22 Jul 08:47