- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
- Tech-savvy youth could change the cyber security landscape
|Get jobs on your |
Head of Academic Administration and Certification
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, Medical Aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Job descriptionSummary of Job:
The Director Academic Administration and Certification is responsible for the integrity of the certification and grading process through implementing relevant policies, oversight of governance and driving optimisation and automation of the administrative and certification functions. The role has oversight of the University Partner governance structures and holds internal stakeholders to the required standard through various forums that ensure effective dispute and complaints resolution. To be the escalation point for customer disputes and resolution as per business requirement and standard.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Management of Governance
- Oversee the strategic and operational direction of the specialised governance functions.
- Dispute resolution.
- Records management.
- Certification Operations.
- Supplier Management.
- Manage the governance functional head, offering support towards the successful running of the Intellectual Property, Quality Assurance, Student Records and Governance functions.
- Manage the Head of Certification, offering support towards the successful running of the Certification function meeting budget and profitability imperatives.
- Oversee the strategic management of the Short Course Quality Management System.
2. Optimisation and Automation of Certification and Records Management
- Oversight and strategic direction of the supplier registration process and engagements.
- Conferring of qualifications and Institute's address at Graduation ceremonies.
- Define, develop and support effective partner relations strategy.
- Ensure effective integration of all grading activities for centralised efficiency and leveraging the gains of economies of scale.
- Developing and supporting the digital certificate agenda to drive agreed outcomes.
3. Talent Management
- Build and lead world-class Governance and Certification teams.
- Define functional roles and recruit high potential, experienced individual contributors for each role.
- Create a rapid but robust onboarding process for new team members.
- Responsible for end-to-end performance management of subordinates and bi-annual performance reviews.
4. Financial Management
- Lead financial initiatives as determined by the VP Student and Academic Success, Short Courses.
- Embed and drive profitability and cost management outcomes effectively and align to company goals.
- Responsible for the governance and certification budget monitoring and accuracy.
- Take an agile approach to continuously optimising spend on inventory and logistics.
- Monthly review of costs incurred for inventory and logistics against budget as well as reforecasting for the month ahead.
- Annual and quarterly budget revisions and forecasting.
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- 10-15 years regulatory and operations management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business management and relevant field.
- 10 years of people management and optimization.
- 5-10 years Advanced Contract and Supplier management experience.
- Proven data and process management skills.
- Proven communicator and stakeholder manager.
- Advanced automation and digitisation execution experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of records management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and preferably GoogleSheets.
- Direct (preferable) or indirect experience in maintaining and enhancing data systems.
- Experience in working with / within a central data team to achieve business objectives.
- Experience within the education sector is beneficial.
- Experience with using Salesforce.
- Advanced people development.
- This is a high visibility role that requires an individual with high intensity to drive change at scale and the incumbent may be required to work irregular work schedule as required to accommodate meetings across different time zones.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected with appropriate notice.
- Head of Governance
- Head of Records Management and Certification
Posted on 05 Jun 11:40