- GIVEAWAY: 2 copies of Essentials of Retirement Fund Management up for grabs
- Gender equality makes good business sense
- Making unlimited leave policies work for you
|Get jobs on your |
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Type:||6 - 8 mont|
|Company:||Ivy Farrell Recruitment|
Do you have three years’ experience working as an HR officer?
SA's hottest award-winning independent agency is looking for an HR officer to fill a six to eight-month contract position.
The role is based in Cape Town and requires travel to Johannesburg on a monthly basis.
Implements all HR policies and procedures, applies and provides advice to line managers and employees.
- Relevant HR-related tertiary qualification.
- Agency experience (advantageous)
- Knowledge of all relevant labour legislation (BCEA, LRA, SDA, EEA)
- Integrity and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Develop and maintain relevant HR policy and procedure documents, organograms, staff lists, etc.
- Provide legal updates, and suggestions, for compliance and improvement to existing policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with changes in labour legislation and latest trends.
- Manage ongoing HR queries as first-line support.
- Conduct exit interviews, employee surveys and provide insights to line managers/directors.
- Advise and oversee disciplinary matters to ensure a fair process, procedure and reason are applied according to the law, regulations and company policies.
- Facilitate discussions and conduct investigations.
- Advise about poor performance, probation, retrenchment procedures and ensure all relevant paperwork is compliant and recorded.
- Create talent pools with the Talent Manager for roles by consulting line management for current and future needs.
- Brief and communicate with the Talent Manager to source and provide candidates for relevant clients throughout the process.
- Complete the recruitment and selection process.
- Plan and schedule health & safety training.
- Ensure all reviews are communicated, conducted and records are kept.
- Provide relevant performance documents and assist the line manager with preparation for the review.
- Analyse and provide a summary of the scores and information from the performance and career discussions to the relevant Directors.
- Ensure all registers are present and external courses are recorded for submission purposes and internal reporting.
- Consult with Group Academy for the best training and training providers.
- Arrange the necessary operational requirements for new interns through the HR Administrator.
- Keep abreast of the progress of talent programmes in your client’s portfolio.
- Implement and manage Health and Safety requirements.
- Form part of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Liaise with Compensation Commissioner in event of injuries on duty.
- Oversee wellness initiatives and on-boarding
- Delivery of administration delivered by the HR administrator, which includes delivery to payroll for all relevant input and paperwork.
- Provide administration assistance in the absence of the HRA and/ or when the volume of work increases.
- Provide consultation to managers across the practices that incorporate sound advice, ensuring it is legally sound and relevant to the business operation, culture and strategy.
Should you not receive a response within three working days of your application please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 06 Aug 13:43
- HR/Finance Internship Programme, Cape Town, Graduates24
- HR Administrator Internship Programme, Cape Town, Graduates24
- HR Manager, Cape Town, CBD
- HR/Human Resource Internship Programme, Cape Town, Graduates24
- Through-The-Line Copywriter, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Through-the-Line Art Director, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Lecturer - Copywriting, Cape Town, Salt River, Red & Yellow
- Lecturer - Screen Acting, Cape Town, Observatory, AFDA
- Human Resources Officer, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Programming Lecturer, Cape Town
- Wordpress / CMS Freelance Lecturer, Cape Town, City Bowl