- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
- Tech-savvy youth could change the cyber security landscape
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R25000 per month|
|Location:||Cape Town, Parow|
My client is looking for a quantity surveyor who will report to the contract manager and is involved in maximising project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting. The position is in Parow, Cape Town in the Construction industry. We are looking forward to your application.
Education and formal training:
- Formal qualification as a quantity surveyor
- Good understanding of construction contracts
- Minimum five years of quantity surveying experience with experience in the construction industry as a Sub-Contractor.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and able to accurately forecast cost and sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate, able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to use construction costing software
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
- Communicator and motivator with the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and sub-contractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities for claims
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and sub-contractors and where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within a predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of Sub-Contractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Able to work well within a team-based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist sub-contractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Supply all relevant information to the contracts manager and/or the Managing Director for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist contracts manager and/or the managing director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
Vacancy Reference no: CPT002495
Closing Date: 8 July 2019
To apply for the above - mentioned position, please apply on our Website www.intelligentplacement.co.za also add your profile picture on your CV.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 25 Jun 15:54
Intelligent Placement will, through its expertise, service standards and national network provide a unique value proposition which will differentiate Intelligent Placement to be the preferred South African Recruitment brand.
|Recent jobs by Intelligent Placement||City||Date posted|
|Maintenance Administrator||Durbanville||18 Jul 14:20|
|HR Manager||Durbanville||18 Jul 14:20|
|Shift Supervisor||Hermanus||18 Jul 09:20|
|Financial Administrator||Durbanville||18 Jul 09:20|
|Financial Administrator||Cape Town||17 Jul 09:54|
|Accountant - SAIPA||Cape Town||17 Jul 09:53|
|Accountant - SAIPA||Cape Town||17 Jul 09:52|
|Recruitment/HR Administrator||Cape Town||17 Jul 09:51|
|Sales Representative||Cape Town||16 Jul 12:41|
|Payroll Administrator||Cape Town||16 Jul 07:41|