|Get jobs on your |
Nursery and Maintenance Manager
|Company:||Living Green Walls|
Job descriptionLiving Green Walls, is looking for a Maintenance & Nursery Manager to join their team.
The Maintenance & Nursery Manager:
- Ensures that existing clients looked after (managing their expectations and needs)
- Services all existing and new maintenance clients with the given team and infrastructure and giving them the time and ‘attention to detail’ that they require
- Develop and manage nursery and depot
- Installation team oversite and logistics
- Logistics and administration
This role includes overseeing two teams – one maintenance and one installations.
Detail of Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Customer Relationship Management:
- Meeting all deadlines and commitments made to clients
- Being accountable and following through on all commitments made
- Building and maintaining good client relationships
- Listening to concerns and dealing with problems on site immediately and effectively
- Conduct a monthly site visit in person to ensure work being done by the maintenance team is accurate and timeous.
- Detailed report writing from site visits
- Ensuring all plants are growing well on site and are pest-free
- Ensuring every living wall reflects the excellent standard upheld by the company
- Set-up of nursery for production purposes
- Plant production for internal purposes
- Plant production for future external sales
- Daily oversight and management of the nursery (including watering, deliveries, cleanliness)
- Sustainability – water re-use and composting
- Waste management (dumping)
- Schedule installation and completion date with clients
- Ensure installation team’s work is accurate, timeous and within budget
- Manage installation team for effective time management and tool care
- Draw up “Snag List” and ensure Installation Supervisor completes final site inspection
- Daily updates with all installation customers
Logistics and Administration:
- Oversee vehicle maintenance (services and repairs)
- Vehicle refuelling, oil and care
- Tool and equipment management (including servicing and replacement)
- Team administration / management – to do lists, daily and weekly time management, stock control,
- Monthly maintenance scheduling (co-ordinating between client and team)
- Attending Core and Ops meetings
Company DescriptionLiving Green Walls is the pre-eminent ‘urban greening’ company in South Africa.
We are passionate about reintroducing plant life into cities across South Africa in the form of living walls and green roofs.
As project plant specialists, we offer turnkey solutions for living walls and green roofs that renew the built environment (offices and homes alike).
RequirementsCandidates must have the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Horticulture or Landscaping
- At least three years of experience in on site plant maintenance management
- At least three years of experience in a functioning production nursery
- Experience in managing a team
- Own valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong administration skills
- Computer literate
- Must be based in Cape Town
Candidates must send through their CV with at least three contactable references, along with an application form to . Application forms are available upon request from Admin. Should you not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 13 Nov 12:13