|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R15000 - R18000 per month negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
Job descriptionElectric South is a non-profit company that produces and distributes virtual reality stories by African artists. We have shown our past projects at over 80 film festivals, art galleries and events worldwide, including a travelling pop-up exhibition tour across Africa. Now, we want to create more opportunities for local and African audiences to watch this type of work.
We’re looking for a distribution coordinator to plan and execute the release of a growing slate of VR projects. This will include finding great African work to license, liaising with international festivals and events, and most importantly, planning a new exhibition tour with partner venues across Southern Africa. The coordinator will teach local facilitators how to run their screenings and collaborate with them on curating content and programming for their audiences. The coordinator will seek out new venues, particularly in underserved areas, to screen projects.
This is a 10-month contract (renewable) position at our headquarters in Observatory, Cape Town. Some travel within South Africa and Africa may be required.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in South Africa, a valid passport and a driver’s license.
- Building a network of exhibition partners
- Planning screening event logistics
- Facilitating screening events
- Training local partners to facilitate screening events
- Collaborating with partners on complementary programming alongside VR screenings
- Maintaining kit of VR hardware
- Generating marketing collateral including press kits and social media announcements
- Documenting events for public sharing and internal reports
- Managing a database of VR projects and film festivals
- Film festival submissions
- Reviewing African VR work and making recommendations to executive producers for acquisitions
- Drafting and executing licensing contracts
- Tracking royalty income and disbursements to licensors
- University degree and/or junior/mid-level work experience
- Experience in event management, cultural programming or film festivals
- Passion for arts, culture and technology
- Interest in learning about VR and new media
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license
Posted on 12 Feb 08:19