- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
- Tech-savvy youth could change the cyber security landscape
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R33000 - R36000 per month|
|Benefits:||Provident Fund, Occupational Health Medical Scheme, Executive Management Bonus & 13th cheque|
|Location:||Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Company:||Kelvin Grove Club|
Job descriptionMain Duties
1. Monitor all aspects of accounts Receivable/ Debtors system which include the following:
- Ensure that all Members Accounts are kept up to date
- Ensure that all Daily Receipts are captured and ensure that any and all discrepancies that do occur are dealt with as and when they occur.
- Oversee credit limits managed by Membership Accounts Department.
2. Oversee all aspects of the inventory control including stock take procedures managed by the Purchasing Manager:
- purchase ordering (including liaison and negotiating with all suppliers on terms and conditions).
- stock receipting (ensuring that all are correct and accounted for)
- stock transfers.
- stock taking.
- investigating all inventory variances on a weekly/ monthly basis.
3. Monitor all aspects of Accounts Payable/ Creditors Division including Creditors reconciliations/ dealing with creditors queries and ensuring that all creditors are paid timeously.
4. Ensure the accurate recording of all financial transactions
5. Manage the Club’s Cash flow and ensuring maximum income from investments
6. Be responsible for the Club’s insurance coverage and any claims
7. Ensure that financial policies are updated and procedures are adhered to.
8. Respond promptly and appropriately to all financial correspondence and queries.
9. Oversee reconciliation of the cash book and cash floats and ensuring that all aspects are running smoothly.
1. Knowledge of the legal requirements
- coupling with all statutory requirements e.g. PAYE, SITE, VAT, UIF, SDL etc.
- monitor all necessary output for payroll and balance to general ledger.
- reconciliation of all deductions and timeous pay over of all relevant accounts.
- verifying and submission of VAT account with SARS monthly.
- submission of EMP20 for SARS monthly.
- draw monthly aging for Club account debtors and manage debt collection by debtors clerk
2. Prepare monthly Management Accounts and Turnover analysis reports for presentation to GM and Finance Committee according to specifications.
3. Compare Actual to Budget figures and investigate and report any variances that may occur.
4. Ensure that all members’ accounts are reconciled and controlled.
5. Ensure that all members’ statement are completed and sent out timeously.
6. Review all Balance Sheet and general Ledger reconciliations and ensure figures are correct.
7. Analyse the financial reports for reporting to the Committee including Debtors schedules.
8. Attend and record the monthly Finance Committee Meetings.
9. Maintain strict control over the overdue accounts.
10. Monitor and maintain the Club’s IT System and be responsible for improving and installing systems wherever necessary.
11. Prepare cash-flow statement on a monthly basis to management and Committee.
1. Prepare annual budgets and cash flow forecast.
2. Prepare any reports on an ad hoc basis as requested by the GM or by the Committee.
3. Ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is updated and kept updated.
4. Ensure that all returns are rendered to the Registrar of Companies.
5. Prepare the Club’s Annual Accounts before the Annual Audit according to audit requirements.
6. Oversee and checking of submission spreadsheet before statements are generated.
1. Supervision of Debtors and Creditors Departments, IT Department and working closely with F&B Controllers.
2. Maintain a fair and reasonable distribution of tasks to employees within these sections.
3. Assisting and training of employees competently to carry out their duties and ensure that all areas are covered when key staff are on leave or resign.
4. Ability to manage the department and provide and report to management on the strength and weaknesses of the team.
1. Liaise with the Club’s Professional Consultants, i.e. Auditors and Attorneys.
2. Be prepared to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
3. Perform any other duties that may be delegated to you.
4. Responsible for the Finance and Administration of the Club.
1. Responsible for leading the accounting team and full financial function. This includes the monthly management packs, budgets, tax and statutory related issues, annual audit, forecasting and day to day running of the Club, ensuring all reporting deadlines are met. Ensuring compliance and achievement of objectives of short and long term plans. Introduction of controls and accounting systems where required to ensure the highest standard of internal control with specific reference to:
- complete timeous and accurate recording of all transactions;
- required to be involved from time to time in member liaison and trouble shooting;
- adequate management supervision over all aspects of the Club’s financial operations and
- safe custody of both movable and immovable assets.
- Work under pressure
- Good people skills
- Deadline driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Good computer skills, especially Excel and Accpac
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organiser
Posted on 11 Jul 15:17
- ICT Services Manager - Health/Social Development, Cape Town, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- HR Manager, Durbanville, Intelligent Placement
- Social Media Community Manager, Cape Town, City Bowl, Trusted Interns
- Traffic Manager - Consultancy, Stellenbosch, Amplified Talent
- Sales Manager, Grabouw, Elgin Free Range Chickens
- Duty Manager, Cape Town, Camps Bay, Career Custodians
- Account Manager, Cape Town, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- IT Administrator/Digital Content Manager, Cape Town, Hout Bay
- Paid Media Manager, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Financial Manager, CapeTown, Worldwide Positions
- Community Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Social Media Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ninety9cents
- UX Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Rage
- Digital Traffic Manager, Cape Town, De Waterkant, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Payroll Manager, Cape Town, Camps Bay, Career Custodians
- Brand Manager, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Digital Project Manager, Cape Town, Gardens
- Communications Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock
- New Business Development Manager, Cape Town, XZIBIT Marketing
- Portfolio Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Bellville
- Store Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Campaign Manager, Cape Town, CBD
- General Manager, Maitland, Persuade
- Social Media/Content Manager, Cape Town, Lansdowne
- Technical Manager/Senior Penetration Testing, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Public Relations/Communications/Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Senior Event/Account Manager, Cape Town, Ad Talent