|Get jobs on your |
Senior Fund Administrator
Argus Money Purchase Pension & Argus Provident Fund has an exciting and challenging position for a Senior Fund Administrator who will be based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Check the files of new members prepared by the administrator to ensure that the necessary medical reports or other documents have been called for.
- Check the application forms received for withdrawing members wishing to transfer their benefits to policies to ensure all legal requirements have been met and fund rules complied with.
- Electronically apply for tax directives for all withdrawals through efiling.
- Prepare and submit all PAYE reconciliations through efiling.
- Deal with any SARS queries regarding PAYE.
- Check the withdrawals prepared by the administration clerk for completeness and compliance.
- Withdraw all exiting members from the Compen system.
- Prepare the cash flow to ensure that adequate cash will be available pay benefits as per withdrawals as well as creditors.
- Prepare the payment voucher (cheque voucher) for payment of the PAYE and ensure timely payment of the PAYE.
- Prepare the payment vouchers for benefits on the Compen system (or manually where required) once directives are received.
- Type covering letters to exited members attaching the tax certificate and a copy of the withdrawal statement.
- Prepare the batch for payment on the electronic banking system.
- Assists the Principal Officer with interpretation of fund rules and relevant legislation.
- Reconcile the withdrawal accounts to the General Ledger provided by the fund accountant.
- Prepare the Returns Journal monthly when the contribution schedules and summaries are received from the payrolls.
- Prepare the Statement M monthly for submission to the investment monitor for inclusion in calculating the open market growth rate.
- Run the accumulation program on the Compen system once the growth rates have been received and the contribution balancing has been completed.
- Once all withdrawals and the payment batch checked by the chief administrator/Principal Officer authorise the batch on the electronic banking system.
- Assist the Principal Officer with any communication drive.
- Ensure that any benefits received from other funds for members of the fund are allocated to the relevant member benefits and relevant member is advised of the amount received in writing.
- Complete the Recognition of Transfer form where required for a benefit due from another fund for signature by the Principal Officer.
- Prepare written advice to asset managers where a balance of contributions remains in the funds’ bank accounts after set off of withdrawal payments.
- Assist with balancing of contributions where administrator experiences difficulties in balancing.
- 3 – 5 Years experience as Administrator for a Pension/ Provident Fund.
- Insurance Institute or Unisa qualification (or similar qualification) in retirement fund management.
- Excellent written English
- Fluency in at least one African language
- Excellent knowledge of the Pension Funds Act and the Income Tax Act.
- Must be enthusiastic, accurate, systematic, able to work independently, able to work under pressure.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
Argus Money Purchase Pension & Argus Provident Fund is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16:30 on Thursday 25 April 2019.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of submitting your application, please regard your application as unsuccessful
Posted on 18 Apr 08:08
Human Resources Officer: Remur Bam
- Junior Front of House Administrator, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings
- BI Administrator/Data Capturer, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings
- Course Coordination Administrator, Cape Town, CBD, Trusted Interns
- Night Content Management Administrator, Cape Town, Gardens
- Payroll Administrator, Cape Town, Camps Bay, Career Custodians
- Database Administrator, Cape Town, Tokai
- Content Administrator, Cape Town
- Publishing Sales Administrator, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD, Topco Media
- Property Administrator Intern, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- PA, Cape Town, Westlake
- Junior Accountant (2 years experience essential), Cape Town, Epping, LayerCake recruitment
- Accountant, Knysna, Pezula Hotel, Career Custodians
- Group Financial Accountant, Cape Town
- Cost Accountant, Cape Town, Muller Marketing
- Junior Brand/Communication Designer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Office Manager, Stellenbosch