- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
- Tech-savvy youth could change the cyber security landscape
|Get jobs on your |
|Benefits:||Contribution to pension fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Opportunity closing date: 26 July 2019
Established in 1963, Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. Ikamva Labantu has had a substantial impact on at-risk communities through the provision of resources, services and support.
The role of the Senior Fundraiser is to secure funds for Ikamva Labantu’s community development work, and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets. The Senior Fundraiser will closely with the Head of Sustainable Development and the fundraising team to deliver the agreed Fundraising strategy, goals and standards. In addition, the Senior Fundraiser will contribute towards the Fundraising strategy of maximizing income from donors and potential donors by taking responsibility to carry out the fundraising activities.
- Manage and grow Ikamva Labantu’s Individual and Regular Donor Giving Programme
- Create new partnerships and relationships with corporate donors and trusts and foundations
- Prepare and write persuasive funding proposals and grant applications
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- Assist colleagues with securing sponsorship and contributions for special events and campaigns
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. marketing, communications, journalism or business studies)
- At least five years’ fundraising experience (i.e. a seasoned fundraiser) in an environment similar to Ikamva Labantu’s (non-profit/non-governmental organisations focused on children, community, the elderly)
- Proven track record of raising R10-15 million per annum
- Excellent networking, communication (oral, written, interpersonal) and presentation skills
- Ability to build, nurture and maintain strong relationships and partnerships in line with the organisation’s goals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a fundraising strategy
- Good understanding of the funding environment, CSI, BBBEE
- Track record of writing donor-centric proposals and copy
- Strong track record in representing organisations in a professional and positive manner
- Access to an established network which can benefit Ikamva’s work
- Sound budgeting, donor reporting and administrative abilities
- High level of computer literacy in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Experience managing donor information and proficiency in database management
- High degree of personal motivation, drive and self-direction. Able to work with minimum supervision to achieve fundraising objectives
- High attention to detail
- Driver’s license and own vehicle essential
For enquiries please contact Jovana Djeri on 021 461 8338.
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity.
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za.
Posted on 11 Jul 14:02
021 461 8338