|Get jobs on your |
Warehouse Operations Manager
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionOfflimit Communications is one of the most vibrant experiential agencies in South Africa and is currently on a search for a well-rounded, hard-working and strategic warehouse operations manager to join this fast-paced growing agency.
We work with very exciting brands such The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle, Pernod Ricard and Old mutual- to name a few. The successful candidate will be responsible to oversee the efficient receipt, storage, dispatch of a range of goods and profitability of the warehouse operations.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Control warehouse operations budget and expenses to ensure profitability
- Ensure goods in the warehouse are neatly and correctly stored
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure adequate security, control of all stock with zero loss, pilferage or damage.
- Maintain and improve delivery standards, the right products, the correct quantity and on time.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate, serviced as per manufacturer stipulation and company regulations
- Cooperate with other departments to fulfil assigned tasks and ensure margins are being met against set budgets
- Create a harmonious working environment
- Train, mentor and motivate all team members to perform efficiently
- Work on requirements requested by senior management whenever required
- Incorporate company procedures and policies in the operations of the business unit
- Drive overall running and have daily updates with the team on the operations and logistics of projects
- Drive logistics and operations of the assigned projects
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems
- Keep stock control systems in place and up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Ensure correct receiving, warehousing and distribution of all stock and assets
- Inspection of stock and assets, issuing of work orders for repair and/or replacement
- Identify and mitigate any risks to the company
- Ensure adequate security, control of all stock with zero loss, pilferage or damage
- Grade 12 (essential)
- Five years' working experience as a warehouse operations manager
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Logistics
- An understanding of FMCG stock requirements (shelf life, movement and storage)
- Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent financial skills
- Experience within the FMCG industry
- Experience in BTL (desirable)
- Willing to travel and work on weekends
Posted on 24 Jan 10:00