- Accidentally overpaid an employee? Here's what to do...
- CCMA rules to reinstate employee dismissed for absence without permission
- Employment stimulus helps to create 8,000 new jobs
Online Content Assistant
Bizcommunity.com is South Africa's leading business-to-business online industry news publisher, with an audience of 370,000 multi-industry professionals who stay informed and publish corporate content across 18 sectors of the economy.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a junior online editorial assistant to join the content team at Bizcommunity. This position is available in Johannesburg.
- Assist the editors in processing copy – fact-checking, sub-editing, proofreading
- Upload subbed copy onto the content management system in a timely manner
- Produce unique, original editorial content – including news articles, event coverage, features and interviews
- Assist in compiling and proofing daily, weekly and special newsletters
- Attend, cover and network at relevant industry events
- Represent Bizcommunity favourably at industry events
- Journalism/language/communication studies
- 1-2 years of experience in an online publishing environment
- Computer literate
- Strong writing skills and a meticulous eye for spelling and grammar
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Basic image editing experience
- Comfortable posting and interacting on social media
- An interest in the local creative industries – marketing, advertising, media and PR
- An interest in business news media
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Enjoy reading and writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and conscientious
All potential candidates will be required to write a test based on various aspects of the position. Only Johannesburg-based applicants will be considered. Note, you may be required to offer further support to the company from time to time.
If you have not received a reply within one month of applying, you have unfortunately not been considered for the position.
Posted on 29 Mar 07:24
Apply by email@example.com
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.