Social Media Intern
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
Job descriptionBe a part of Cape Town's most exciting online magazine and learn invaluable industry skills to further your career and passion. You’ll be working with a small, dynamic and dedicated team and share in their mission to excite every reader – in the city, suburbs, province and globally – with discoveries that will make them resonate and click more with the city and province.
This opportunity is for a bright, ambitious digital and social media savvy young person, aspiring to enter the digital media industry. You will be working under the guidance of senior editors in the content team.
The ideal candidate is a social media geek, who loves to play around with design, video and writing tools and apps. You have a visual eye and get excited by working on Instastories and video edits. You have good English copy writing skills or interest.
The opportunity best suits a young person ready to start working in digital media and marketing.
Under the guidance of our senior editors you will
- Create, schedule, and publish social media content
- Community management, respond to comments and engage with our audience
- Organise the weekend takeover project, pitching new candidates and keeping track of weekly features
- Assist in managing and saving deliverables in our CRM production system
- Keep track of stats for weekly reports
- Contribute to strategy ideas to grow the various social media channels
- Assist in editorial tasks when requested
- Partake in content planning meetings and pitch ideas for the website and social channels
- Assist in building weekly newsletters
- Loves digital, social media and social media tools
- Ability write copy for different social media platforms
- Strong at researching as well as sourcing and curating social media feeds
- Forever evolving and eager to learn
- Willing to get out of your comfort zone
- Social media freak and video geek (i.e, do not apply if you are not on Instagram and don't know about Tik Tok)
- Hard worker with positive good-vibes attitude
If interested, send your CV & a short letter of motivation to moc.enizagamnwotepac@won (please use ‘Application for Social Media Internship” as your email subject line).
Deadline: Applications close on 5 March 2021. If you do not receive a response two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a social media challenge.
Posted on 05 Feb 13:57
Apply by emailSue Ramgathi
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Coordinator, Social Media, Social Media Manager, Media Specialist, Media Manager, Digital Media Strategist, Marketing Intern, Media Intern
Get job alerts for Media Intern jobs
Cape Town, Durbanville
We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Community Intern to join our team.
Imagine This Digital
10 Feb 2021
Cape Town R600000 - R650000 Yearly
Join South Africa’s leading online delivery company.
Cape Town R650000 - R700000 Yearly
NEW WORK: A rather awesome Scale-up Fintech in Cape Town CBD are in search of Intermediate Backend C# Developers to join their expanding team! As part of the development...
Are you a highly fuelled software engineer, looking to build some of the most disruptive technology products of the decade? Do you want to be a part of the team that...
Cape Town, Century City R520000 - R70000 Yearly
A product shop specialising in Mobile payments platform are looking for top C# developers to build and facilitate a range of the best payment experiences! You will join...
Cape Town, Mowbray
A Mowbray based Software house is on the lookout for an Intermediate Java Developer to produce the highest quality solutions across business processes.
Bellville R700000 - R750000 Yearly
South Africa’s leading financial institution with a large footprint in Africa is currently expanding its streaming services moving from LEGACY to new a cloud...
South Africa’s leading investment corporation based in Cape Town northern suburbs is looking for a young talented intermediate Java developer to join its new...
One of the coolest software development House in the country is looking to expand their team with a talented intermediate Java developer.