- Why employers should provide access to financial advice now
- Covid-19: Textile industry agrees on temporary relief for employees
- CareerJunction helps fill medical vacancies during Covid-19 crisis
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
The search/platforms and media consultant (PMC) role will form part of the product specialist layer within the global operations team. This role requires high expertise within the paid search media and tech field as consultancy towards clients, internal operations and commercial teams will have to be provided.
This consultancy includes (but isn’t limited to) working closely with clients, commercial and operations teams on cross channel media strategies with the emphasis on Paid Search, proposals/RFPs, data layers, and measurement plans.
The PMC consultant will also assist global markets when required with deal and commercial structures as well as product consultancy. Keeping up to date with global market trends, product updates and innovative paid search strategies will form an integral part of this role. The PMC Consultant will work closely with Operational Country Heads to assist teams with analysing data and advise where campaign strategies can be improved.
Keeping a close call to strategic clients will be a default, with one particularly in mind. It will be required to spend time in the client's offices on a regular basis.
The PMC will be responsible for managing technology partner relationships and building out the paid media offering in the relevant markets.
Place within the organisation:
- Reports to the head of consultancy (Operations)
- Closely interacts with other specialist consultants.
- Works closely with clients on their paid search strategies
- Works with international managing directors, international consultants + account managers as well as paid media managers
- Works closely with platform partners i.e. Google, GMP, etc. to keep ahead of tech, gain access to betas and conferences, etc.
1. Internal consultancy
- Working closely with APAC, European and SA teams, wherever needed, with tech implementations and cross channel media strategies and being able to translate thinking to teams.
- Ability to work with strong international commercial team members (MD’s, in-market consultants, AMs and paid media managers) and understanding what is required - from commercial models to campaign goals, ROI and strategic needs
- Employ campaign strategies with sufficient research and management tactics to maximise performance and revenue
- Being able to spot when clients aren’t performing and then lead paid media managers in the right direction and consulting on possible solutions / next steps
- Working closely with countries heads to understand market trends, client/market needs
- Ability to understand the customer's key business and marketing challenges and translate this into how our tech and services can achieve these goals
- Improve business goals and process by combining the deep tech, product and strategic knowledge
- Act as support and a point of contact to provide strategic (or any other) support where needed
- Assist clients to understand and know how to read and interpret DC data
- Providing consultancy services towards clients globally
- Keeping track of client pipelines and pro-actively reaching out to HOD’s to assist with new deals
- Joining of client meetings locally or virtually
- Assisting with initial client strategy and re-strategies
- Working knowledge on who to set up advanced eCommerce and data layer building/setups as well as tagging - keeping the future in mind and what the best solutions will be
- Heavy hand in the best tech skeleton setups for GMP stack clients
- Clear communication of new clients/strategies to paid media managers and head of countries
- Training: Ensure the operations team os adhering to best practice and ensuring best practice is updated and relevant. Ensuring the standard of training remains consistent across the paid media teams.
- Assisting with training of commercial teams on media
- Assisting paid media managers with tech issues e.g.:
- Reporting discrepancies
- Tracking issues
- Testing/troubleshooting new features
- QC and performance: Periodic checks on strategic clients to spot loopholes and helping teams to close the gaps (working in conjunction with regional leads)
- Troubleshooting: First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance-related issues
- Spot testing of pixels/tracking setups
- Tech and product features: Regular testing and evaluation of new DSP features and feature performance - in conjunction with operational heads of countries
- Being able to self-train on new platform and share knowledge within team
- Run Strategic campaigns: Will need to run campaigns that are strategic/new onboarding in order to keep up with tech and add value back to the Trading and commercial teams.
- Documenting strategies to ensure all teams can easily find back information
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date and shared with executing teams
- Assist finance and commercial team with commercial models where needed
RequirementsKnowledge and experience:
- A minimum of seven+ years of experience within the digital industry
- Experience as a paid search buyer for a minimum of five years working within paid search platforms eg Google Ads, Bing, Yahoo, etc. (International exposure is an advantage, but not necessary)
- Well-versed in performance marketing, yielding results for client's investments, i.e. sales/lead conversion, and omnichannel acquisition.
- Experience as a paid search strategist, planning and executing on x-channel marketing strategies.
- In-depth experience with bid management tools, with desired experience with SA360
- Desired experience with third-party tracking, API integrations, and advanced paid search features, and familiarity with A/B multivariate experiments.
- Illustrate strong relationships with Technology partners; Google LCS and Google Marketing Partners etc.
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong skill set in navigating teams and where expertise is needed. Able to operate within grey areas and without clear direction, a consultant should advise what is required
- Experience in stabilising high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Experience in working within a fast pace global operational team
- Experience in working directly with clients, MDs and commercial teams
- Experience in working closely with finance teams should commercial models be queried
- Clear understanding of digital commercial models and being able to work with commercial teams
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically within the digital marketing space - creating and implementing performance-driven strategies (cross channel)
- Thinking ahead and being able to identify areas of improvements within for clients - this is from a performance point of view as well as tech
- Ability to identify and support teams to resolve technology/platform problems as well as reporting discrepancies, tracking issues and any other tech-related issues which affect campaigns
- Strong experience in the management of digital accounts with a strong focus on ROI and digital performance strategies
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a quantitative, test-driven field
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and to create own opportunities
- Ability to operate at optimal levels without clear direction, the PMC Consultant should be the directions creators
- Ability to work under pressure and able to concentrate in the middle of chaos (being able to streamline the chaos)
- Strong ability to prioritise and managing own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Ability to spot loopholes within client strategies/commercials
- Taking the lead on brand/client innovation
- Not being afraid to take the lead in client meetings and questioning client approaches, strategies and commercials
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and driven individual with strong integrity
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details and understanding how they fit into the big picture
Please also note that if you do not receive a response from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 23 Mar 15:59