|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R20000 - R30000 per month negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||London, Remote position|
|Company:||Perfect Daily Grind Ltd|
Job descriptionWe are looking for an experienced, reliable, and self-motivated Editor who understands digital media and thrives in a remote, full-time position (based anywhere in the world). We are a UK-based publication, with a global, remote team.
- Want to tackle supply chain inequities through digital media
- Want to be part of a global, remote team
- Want the flexibility of working from home instead of commuting
- Are willing to go the extra mile to meet project deadlines
- Work to support the coffee industry and coffee-producing countries
- Believe in constant innovation and improvement
- Care more about your intelligence and values than experience
- Editing: fact-checking and editing multiple articles to ensure that they meet our standards, further our vision, and match our brand
- Search engine optimisation: implementing SEO best practices across individual articles and the site as a whole
- Calendar: selecting which articles are published in a particular week by paying attention to the balance of content, time since submission, and more; staying up-to-date on trends within the coffee industry in order to direct and schedule content
- Submissions: monitoring submissions levels, contacting writers, providing feedback on article proposals/angles and first submissions, and checking final submissions to ensure they adhere to our guidelines
- Writer Training and Management: working with writers to ensure we have a steady flow of content, creating and allocating briefs for articles as required, providing support to writers
- Data Tracking and Analysis: using data to direct submissions and the editorial calendar
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter to application(at)perfectdailygrind.com, along with answers to the following questions:
- How would you describe the PDG brand and how do we create this in our articles (both through content and structure)?
- Name one organization you admire and why?
- When editing, one of the most important tasks is finding the right balance between respecting the author’s voice and editing to the Perfect Daily Grind brand/voice. Where do you think the right balance lies? Please support your answer with examples.
Company DescriptionSince launching in late January 2015, Perfect Daily Grind has achieved unprecedented levels of growth and has rapidly established itself as the go-to source for specialty coffee news and information.
Perfect Daily Grind’s dedication to providing real-life editorial content, paired with a deep understanding of digital marketing, has established it as a must-read daily resource for anyone with a professional or passing interest in the world of specialty coffee.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, and self-motivated Editor who understands digital media and thrives in a remote position.
The successful applicant will:
- Have two+ years' experience of editing for digital media; be a skilled editor who is able to fact-check, maintain accuracy and quality, and produce shareable content
- Be a competent user of WordPress (or another CMS) and Google Analytics
- Understand and be able to implement SEO
- Be social media savvy and able to write/edit social-orientated content
- Understand the importance of diligent fact-checking and how to check, track, and implement this
- Be aware of copyright law for both text and images, including how to appropriately source and credit images
- Have excellent communication skills; be able to communicate well with a multicultural team
- Be able to work independently, with good levels of organisation, self-motivation, and an excellent work ethic
- Be able to handle multiple deadlines
- Our choice of content
- Our choice of language
- Structural features in our articles
- Have a demonstrable passion for both specialty coffee and fine cacao
- Speak Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Be confident with the basics of HTML
Posted on 31 Jul 13:59