- Throwing the book at qualification fraud
- What every graduate needs to know about networking for success
- What are transport services "rendered by the employer"? Sars clarifies...
|Get jobs on your |
Digital Content Writer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
TheSouthAfrican.com is looking for an experienced content writer, who can handle the fast-paced pressure of a digital newsroom and relay relevant, engaging stories to the masses. We have a small team of dedicated writers – covering topics from sports to news to lifestyle to business and everything in between. Our game is South African content with a cool conversational spin. If you’re proudly South African and have a flair for innovative storytelling, we’re looking for you.
While our offices are based in Cape Town, we encourage and accommodate remote writing. This means you’ll need to have your own laptop and internet connection. Just as important, is the ability to communicate effectively and promptly through our digital newsroom.
As the name dedicates, you must be based in South Africa if you want to write for us.
Writing for TheSouthAfrican.com
You will be required to research South African topics and liaise with your editor-on-duty before writing. Working hours are flexible – but be aware that news never stops, as such, if you start a story, you’ll need to see it out to the bitter end.
We offer a basic salary plus incentive bonuses based on rewards and an extra day’s leave on your birthday.
We encourage the production of quality content completed on time in line with key performance indicators. The harder you work, the more you will be rewarded. We do not tolerate mediocrity nor laziness.
Instead of sending through your CVs, please direct us to some of your published works and attach a well-considered cover letter with your application.
If we get back to you, you will be required to provide work references and complete a written test before moving onto the next stage. Include the codeword more cowbell, just so we know you’ve read the whole thing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in online publishing/digital media/content production
- Must provide examples of published written work
- Must have produced written content within the last six months
- Fluent in English; written
- Strong research skills
- Own laptop and internet connection
- Will need to complete and pass a writing test
- WordPress experience
- Content Management Systems (CMS) experience
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge
- Degree or diploma relevant to the field
- A keen interest in South African affairs (politics, sport, lifestyle)
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Eager to learn on the job
- Aptitude for detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines with quality work under pressure
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to produce concise copy, quickly
- The ability to follow tasks and take initiative
- Writing relevant daily news stories (putting your own spin on aggregated content)
- Completing daily content tasks (following a consistent content strategy)
- Writing weekly original/opinion pieces (personal column)
- Writing profiles, listicles, and other fun content.
- Editing wire stories to fit TSA style
- Reviewing and adding to the monthly content calendar
Follow the instructions contained in this advert and send applications to .
Posted on 25 Apr 07:20
- Content Lead, Cape Town, GetSmarter
- Digital Content Producer Intern, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Digital Content Producer, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Content Creator, Cape Town
- Senior Content Writer, Cape Town, GetSmarter
- Freelance Content Writer, Cape Town
- Digital Content Writer, Cape Town, City Centre