- Finding your first job: a step-by-step guide for grads
- Youth development tops AEC 2019 agenda
- Resignation with immediate effect - separate rulings confuse the matter
|Get jobs on your |
Postgraduate/International Student Recruitment Assistant
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, Central|
Job descriptionPost graduate and international recruitment assistant (PG and I RA), based at AFDA Port Elizabeth Campus.
This recruitment assistant reports to the Postgraduate Recruitment Officer as well as supports the International Recruitment Officer in a split role. They will assist them in with execution of marketing strategy across two national portfolios (for all AFDA campuses) of courses in order to reach student number targets for each campus. This includes the following Core Value Points (CVP’s):
- Assist with strategy execution via programme and campus promotion for postgraduate and international.
- Assist with student recruitment to promote, present and recruit students for AFDA's programmes to build a database of enquiries in order to achieve targets, and work on increasing recruitment activities year on year by supporting the Recruitment Officer with material and/or confirming (but not booking) recruitment activity details. Assist with executing recruitment events on campus and workshops via schools, and help with securing and arranging of consultations and individual contact with the prospective student market to keep up with Postgraduate & International targets.
- Assist with postgraduate and international admissions administration via data capture, processing of and communication with applicants with individual follow up and feedback systems, in order to keep up with targets and submitting a weekly EAaCR report.
- Assist with postgraduate and international advertising and branding by ensuring campus material is well and neatly stored and assist with regular audits of stock to determine needs.
- Assist with postgraduate and international communication and relationships through bulk communication and feedback data.
As an extension of the Core Value Points, the following duties are expected to be fulfilled in relation to Postgraduate and International Recruitment and Admissions:
- Executing continuous and quality calling (outgoing/follow-up) and Speaking to (incoming) enquiries interested in AFDA as per instruction and targets from Recruitment Officer
- Assist with driving the student application process from enquiry to application, and the registration process from application to enrolment
- Assisting with admissions to ensure timeous and accurate processing of all applications with prompt communication and excellent customer service, including assisting with issuing of acceptance letters electronically and in hard copy
- Maintaining processes and preparing deliverable as instructed by Recruitment Officer as per targets and/or deadlines
- If/when engaging with prospective students and related stakeholders (eg. parents) including via face-to-face, email and calls, confident, consistent and professional communication is required to contribute to optimum conversion of students through experience of marketing staff
- If/when required, assisting prospective students with the application process, booking and coordinating of consultations/contact time with prospective students and related stakeholders. Assist recruitment officer when needed to guide applicants through the registration process in order to achieve optimum numbers (targets) for enrolment
- Assist with providing relevant and accurate documentation and information to prospective students and parents
- Assist with preparing prospective students and related stakeholders for enrolment
- Assist with all marketing activities and events including schools visits, expos, open days, workshops etc as required
- Assisting with confirming presentations/ exhibitions (recruitment activities) and preparing sufficient and appropriate material stock as required
- Assist with proactively promote AFDA's image
- Assist to ensuring accurate and timeous data-capturing, filing, record keeping and management
- Assist to ensure there is always an appropriate staff member present at reception
- Maintaining a professional appearance in dress, presentation and conduct in the workplace at all times
- Proactively welcome and assist guests coming to the campus when appropriate
- Assist with achieving sort-term and long-term targets
- Achieving calling targets allocated to you
- Assist with communicating to the market as required to increase Open Day, Application Day and Holiday Workshop numbers year on year
- Assist to store material and manage stock numbers. Alert the recruitment officer if additional stock may be required well in advance
- Make suggestions to Recruitment Officer, communicate regularly
- Report on additional factors influencing student number intake when necessary and express needs to your team/ your role to Recruitment Officer
Company DescriptionAFDA is the School for the Creative Economy offering fully accredited and outcomes-based Undergraduate & Postgraduate degrees and higher certificate courses in study areas within Filmmaking, TV, Performance, Radio, Business Innovation & Technology.
RequirementsQualifications and skills and experience ie. capabilities
- A relevant Diploma or Higher Certificate qualification in a relatable field to marketing and recruitment, preferably an AFDA alumni
- Microsoft Office: especially excel and powerpoint
- Customer relations experience is highly beneficial
- People’s person, friendly and approachable
- Focused and driven to achieve short term goals
- Thinks ahead and takes initiative within mandate to achieve long term goals
- Organised and process-driven
Posted on 03 Dec 14:18