- What every graduate needs to know about networking for success
- What are transport services "rendered by the employer"? Sars clarifies...
- Project management 2.0 - introducing the delivery leader
|Get jobs on your |
Network Operations Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
Job descriptionA well-known client situated in the south of Johannesburg is recruiting a Network Operations Manager to join their company on a permanent basis.
- Manage and maintain all operational aspects, as well as appointed sub-contractors, from both a resource and performance management perspective, further ensuring adherence to service level agreements (SLAs) and contractual obligations.
- Ensure effective problem management and resolution strategies and the execution thereof.
- Manage operational reporting, i.e. performance, capacity, availability reports and any associated improvement activities.
- Identify and implement service improvement plans.
- Identify new service improvement and value adding opportunities for the benefit of the company’s group IT.
- Ensure operational governance and compliance (ITIL, etc.)
- Proactively drive operational efficiencies and effectiveness of all contracted services.
- Communicate operational escalations to executive network technologies.
- Align network technology requirements to business requirements as scoped or specified and negotiate adjustments to the underlying service level agreements with underlying suppliers.
- Manage proof of concepts to test feasibility of new concepts, products, and processes.
- Leverage network management best practices and process frameworks in order to drive continual process improvement.
- Support the executive networks on the strategic vision for the network function consolidating technologies, vendor alignment, and process improvement.
- Conducts research and analyses data to make and/or recommend modifications to systems and application software.
- Responsible for network resilience and testing of fail over capabilities to disaster recovery site.
- Support operational activity i.e. incident, request, and change and problem management.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of any activity related to the network and data centres.
- Establish good relationships with customers and staff.
- Monitor progress and action feedback to maximise service delivery, maintaining records of change requests.
- Ensure that network system design meets all requirements and allows for consistent delivery against all customer SLAs.
- Actively supports the service delivery managers in their negotiations with the business over service and SLA requirements. This will involve advising on the cost and investment implications of changes to service levels that affect the network services.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure all project timelines are met, and documentation is accessible to all stakeholders.
- Conducts research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and/or technologies, including cost analysis and justification to satisfy business and budget requirements.
- Operate within approved budgets to achieve the performance requirements of the business for support.
- Identify methods of saving costs to ensure financial viability in alignment with the IT business plan.
- Forecast and project future costs related to IT procurement and maintenance of infrastructure.
RequirementsEssential skills and experience required for this role:
- Computer and networking diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Customer service experience.
- Proven ability to lead a team, inspire desired behavior and represent management.
- Previous experience in managing and delivering all aspects of an outsource contract.
- Technical network experience.
- Technical telephony experience VOIP and TMS.
- Business analysis skills will be advantageous.
- Minimum of matric.
- Seven+ years of relevant IT experience.
- Five+ years of leadership experience managing a network or team managing a network.
- Cisco certification to CCNP level.
- Experience of Network technologies from leading vendors e.g. Cisco.
- Three+ year of people management experience: client relationships, resource contract management, sub-contractors and third parties.
- ITIL qualification/experience preferred.
Posted on 09 May 13:25
+27 11 463 3478 or +27 83 685 0688