|Get jobs on your |
National Warehouse/Logistics Manager
|Company:||Weylandts Home Outfitters|
Weylandts is a well-known luxury brand in South Africa with its range of furniture and homeware products sourced from around the world. Our success is due in part to our curated product range as well as the skills and passion of our employees at all levels of the business. We have retail branches throughout SA as well as a very successful e-commerce platform.
We now have a rarely available senior role within the company to head up our warehouse and logistics function at a national level. This includes optimising the division's effectiveness by reviewing business processes, suppliers, costs and systems.
Main responsibilities include:
- Optimising effectiveness of all areas, systems, processes implementing new WMS and streamlining processes to meet business requirements
- Management of our warehouses in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Umhlanga ensuring tight security and managing stock management and movement optimising space and cost effectiveness
- Overseeing logistics and dispatch functions including customer deliveries & assembly using our own local truck fleet and management of haulage company
- Effective and motivational leadership of around 120 employees ensuring team performance successful, handle discipline issues effectively and develop and coach employees.
- Management of Inventory function, minising stock losses and ensuring smooth product flow from suppliers through to customers.
- Management of goods receiving function (local and international products) ensuring damaged goods identified and credits obtained
- Liason with other heads of dept in the business especially Retail & Customer care to resolve issues
- Management of DC budgets
- Health and Safety of all DCs, trucks and staff
- A Degree (ideally BComm Honours or MBA) in Business management, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain management, Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum eight years of experience in the warehousing and logistics industry in a retail environment with customer delivery experience
- Five years of experience at senior manager level.
- Tech-savvy with project management skills
- Good change management skills and strong commercial background of business process improvment including systems
- Good understanding of labour law
- Sound knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong admin/budgeting and analysing abilities
- must be able to travel nationally
If you have not received a response from us within four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 10 Jan 15:18
021 914 1433
Today, Weylandts is firmly established as the leading furniture and décor retailer in southern Africa, offering clients contemporary quality designs sourced from around the world and showcased in a beautiful environment where space and natural light enhance the inspirational merchandising.
|Recent jobs by Weylandts||City||Date posted|
|Senior Sales Consultant||Gauteng||14 Jan 13:08|
|National Warehouse/Logistics Manager||Cape Town||10 Jan 15:18|