PR Account Executive/Content Champion
|Remuneration:||negotiable basic salary |
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||Hook, Line & Sinker|
Hook, Line & Sinker is growing. If you got the vibe, then join our tribe.
We are on the lookout for a PR warrior. Check it out:
Our PR friend must:
- Understand the world of media relations. Have great connections on speed dial. You can pick-up the phone and sms, WhatsApp & pitch stories.
- Help with the day-to-day accounts and project activities (aka admin king/queen): status reporting, tracking coverage, media follow-ups, briefing documents, scheduling interviews and client meetings, compiling monthly and quarterly campaign reports etc.
- Help us to manage and brief suppliers (graphic design, writing, sourcing advertising quotes/rates and securing placements)
- Be outgoing, social and confident and be able to manage client status meetings (when needed)
- Have a flair for writing and work closely with our agency Head of Content to further develop this skill.
- Love social media – what works, what doesn’t and how we can apply this to HLS and our clients
- Understand content and various channels: what makes a good story, blog, interview, podcast, SM post, emailer, executive LinkedIn post, etc.
- Think strategically and creatively: plan ahead and help your managers compile PR campaigns – understand the communications ‘golden thread’, days of significance, the core campaign messaging, and how to optimize content for audiences & stakeholders to deliver results.
Sound like you? Read further....
About this guru:
- Remote working isn’t for us - we need you here in the office to bounce ideas, approvals and work at the speed of light.
- Agency experience - yes pls! You understand PR and the agency world (billing/hours, media contacts and working as a team, briefing suppliers and deadlines etc)
- Energy and attitude is everything.
- You are fast paced and like independence – the sky is the limit.
- You want to be part of a fun, vibey and energetic team. You have a great sense of humour and love teamwork. HLS is all about ‘energy!’
- You like to challenge the status quo, and you don’t mind being part of a small up-and-coming agency.
Sounds fabulous, tell me more....
Our pizazz and culture:
About Hook, Line & Sinker (HLS)
- Based in Green Point, Cape Town - we work from trendy offices (aka, our second home) and our culture + vibe is strong.
- Teamwork definitely makes the dream work! This is evident when entering the office to find our team pictures proudly displayed in the entrance area, our iconic (yellow) office decor, and fun social gatherings like pizza Fridays.
- Our agency by-line is: 'Creative Communications for Clever Brands'. And that is exactly what we do, we provide a range of communications services across multiple platforms and channels for some of the world’s biggest power (*clever*) brands.
- We have fun, but we work hard and fast, and deliver!
- Nope, sorry folks - we are not a fish and chips shop, nor a speed dating site. Hook, Line & Sinker (HLS) is a hip + happening integrated PR & Marketing agency.
- Times are changing, and so is the era of the 80's press release and red carpet events. We intelligently craft and amplify content across multiple publishing networks. We create content that captures audiences with the right Hook, then we select the best platforms and channels (Line), to deliver the ultimate campaign Sinker. Cool neh?
- Our team is made of expert writers and journalists, media relations specialists, graphic designers, social media fundis, and digital specialists.
- We are relatively new and have only been around for three years, but thanks to our global B2B Tech clients and digital offerings, added with a dash of Covid-disruption, we have been lucky enough to double in size and global reach over the last 24 months. #Blessed
- Our clients include both B2B and B2C luxury brands.
I'm in, where do I sign up?
Posted on 22 Jun 11:07, Closing date 21 Aug