PR Account Executive: B2B
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We're on the lookout for a driven PR Account Executive to join the team at a top B2B PR Agency based in Cape Town. In this exciting role you will work with the Account Manager and Director to implement Public Relations and Communications plans for clients in order to achieve goals as set out in the agency’s Communications strategies. You will work on a variety of clients predominantly in the B2B space, so previous B2B client experience is highly advantageous. To excel in this role you must have previous PR agency work experience and excellent computer skills, you’ll also need to be an admin daemon with excellent Excel skills. This is an office-based, client facing role. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to grow quickly. Don’t miss out, apply today!Responsibilities
- Works according to agreed PR plans and ensures that deliverables are of a high standard
- Manages day-to-day client activities: planning, implementation of all tasks
- Keeps clients abreast of all developments and progress on accounts: daily liaison via telephone, email, and meetings
- Responsible for setting up of regular monthly/weekly status meetings with client, prepares agendas and generates status reports within 48 hours of meetings distributed to client and internal team
- Follow through/coordinates actioning of tasks.
- Team Coordinates and provides administrative support for staff and external vendors that render services
- Drafts and manages critical timelines/checklists as part for communications plans
- Ensure implementation of all activities as per timelines.
Planning and Reporting
- Compiles monthly status and media measurement reports for sign off by AD
- Keeps track of tasks by effectively creating and using planning tools for self and team: diaries, status reports, project logics, activity calendars etc.
- Builds and maintains relationships with suppliers relevant to the PR function - e.g. web developers, graphic designers, photographers, writers etc.
- Is able to accurately brief service providers and manage critical timelines
- Reports daily to the Account Director regarding account status, administrative matters, and problem areas.
Content and Correspondence
- Prepares correspondence and basic reports and documents for Account Management team/Client
- Prepares and drafts presentations professionally and correctly
- Drafts basic releases, blogs and smaller content pieces for clients and the agency (estimated 300 words).
- Supports implementation of digital PR campaigns and online community management for multiple clients, across a range of industries alongside team members and Account Director
- Regularly research and source partners/influencers and maintain a database of online and offline contacts
- Support the team to plan, compile and proof content for multiple social media platforms
- Working closely with and supporting the Digital Manager and the PR team to ensure seamless digital and PR outcomes for clients (as part of a fully integrated approach).
- Provides hands on implementation, administrative support for the Agency team in the execution of events (media or otherwise) according to brief, client expectation and Agency standard
- Attending events as necessary.
The successful candidate must have/be:
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Senior Certificate with Public Relations/Communications/Journalism Degree or Diploma
- Work experience: 1-2 years in a Marketing, Communications and PR environment
- PR Consultancy experience essential
- Proven organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills - excellent MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must have PR agency experience and be very familiar with reporting
- Knowledge of media landscape
- An admin daemon
- Track record of delivery in client services
- Planning & organising
- Able to work across multiple accounts and is able to prioritise and manage tasks and help to coordinate team members’ activity effectively
- Plans ahead: Preparation
- Time management for self and others: able to accurately set deadlines and meet these
- Able to set priorities, timetables and goals for self and others
- Excellent attention to detail: Checks for accuracy and consistency in all tasks for self and others
- Able to write and prepare professional and error-free correspondence and other written work
- Able to professionally prepare presentations, reports, administrative documents such as minutes and agendas
- Able to compile detailed checklists independently, ensure all relevant details are included and attended to
- Collaborative team player: Able to work as team support person, able to take instruction and implement tasks in coordination with others
- Supports team members
- Able to accurately assess work, anticipate and proactively follow through on tasks without reminding once briefed
- Problem solving skills: Able to identify problems and resolve independently or report to seniors for action
- Logical and clear approach to resolving problems – and able to ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Great communication skills - Effectively expresses ideas, explains plans, and actions to others and checks for understanding when speaking to others
- Good interpersonal interaction with the team, able to interact with clients in a professional manner (when required).
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 14 Jan 07:06, Closing date 15 Mar