Mid-level Account Manager
|Benefits:||Contribution towards Medical aid and Pension|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
We are looking for a PR account manager who is ambitious and eager to join our communications agency, and have the opportunity to work on global and local accounts. Must be able to manage clients with a degree of independence, have strong media relations and have good knowledge and understanding of the media and influencer landscape.
The ideal candidate is creative, can take initiative and be a resourceful all-rounder who will take complete ownership of their work, and will deliver work to the highest standard.Competencies
Planning and organising:
- Works across multiple accounts and is able to prioritize and manage projects and team members effectively.
- Time management for self and others.
- Set priorities, timetables and goals for self and others.
- Manages time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
Attention to detail:
- Checks for accuracy and consistency in all tasks for self and others.
- Logical and clear approach to resolving problems. Ensures that corrective actions are implemented.
Communication (verbal and written):
- Effectively expresses ideas and explains plans and actions to others.
- Checks for understanding when speaking to others.
- Plans presentations logically, using visual aids.
- Possesses or employs strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Applies experience and specialist knowledge to accomplish the job.
- Brings ideas to the table for discussion with the management team.
- Works to transfer knowledge and skills to junior team members.
Account management (clients and team):
- Independently handles several small accounts, performing much of the day-to-day work.
- Is the client’s primary day-to-day contact and earns client respect, trust and confidence.
- Develops, manages and executes PR plans, projects, campaigns and events with ease and success.
- Coordinates and supervises staff and external vendors that render services.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the media and influencer landscape. Understands how the media works and knows how to engage appropriately with journalists and influencers.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with journalists.
- Keeps abreast of digital/social/web media trends and is able to identify opportunities for clients.
- Identifies media trends and themes and is able to capitalize on these to the client's advantage.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key influencers in the digital media space; as well as celebrities where possible.
- Prepares own media lists or reviews those drafted by AE or AA.
- Originates or manages the origination (via clear, timeous, written briefs including key messages, deadlines, audience and supporting info) for innovative copy and text, press releases, articles, etc.
- Is proactive about providing creative ideas and angles for articles/press releases/online content.
Planning and reporting:
- Drafts and manages critical timelines as part of communications plans.
- Is able to accurately brief service providers and manage critical timelines.
- Manages the compilation of feedback reports before submission to AD for sign off.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Reports daily to AD regarding account status, administrative matters and any problem areas.
- Supports account director (AD) by drafting PR plans that are well structured, detailed, creative and well thought-out.
Due to the high volume of applications, please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates within the next 6 weeks to set up interviews accordingly.
Posted on 19 Oct 09:50, Closing date 18 Dec