|Benefits:||Contribution towards Medical aid and Pension|
|Location:||Cape Town, Johannesburg|
We are looking for a social manager who is ambitious and eager to join Eclipse Communications social team.
If you have a passion for social media, series, movies and pop culture this might be the job for you! We are looking for someone located in either Cape Town or Johannesburg and be available to travel locally if needed.
We are looking for someone located in either Cape Town or Johannesburg and applicants must have a minimum of two years experience in social media.Main responsibilities:
- Carrying marketing assets from content ideation to briefs and reporting
- Launch and manage podcasts
- Able to travel locally and internationally for work
- Passion for social media
- An interest in local and international film and tv
- Knowledge of two or three South African local languages
- Content creation
- Digital copywriting
Responsibilities for content manager role:
- Performing much of the day-to-day work.
- Develops, manages and executes Social plans, projects, campaigns and events with ease and success.
- Coordinating with external vendors for social platforms.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the social and influencer landscape. Understands how the media works and knows how to engage appropriately with influencers & content creators.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with influencers and content creators.
- Keeps abreast of digital/social/web media trends and is able to identify opportunities for clients.
- Identifies social media trends and themes and is able to capitalize on these to the client's advantage.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key influencers in the digital media space; as well as celebrities where possible.
- Originates or manages the origination (via clear, timeous, written briefs including key messages, deadlines, audience and supporting info) for innovative copy and text, press releases, articles, etc.
- Is proactive about providing creative ideas and angles for online content.
- Drafts and manages critical timelines as part of communications plans.
- Is able to accurately brief service providers and manage critical timelines.
- Manages the compilation of feedback reports before submission to AD for sign-off.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Reports weekly to AD regarding account status, administrative matters and any problem areas.
- Able to prioritise and manage projects and team members effectively.
- Time management for self and others.
- Set priorities, timetables and goals for self and others.
- Manages time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
- Checks for accuracy and consistency in all tasks for self and others.
- Logical and clear approach to resolving problems. Ensures that corrective actions are implemented.
- Effectively expresses ideas and explains plans and actions to others.
- Checks for understanding when speaking to others.
- Plans presentations logically, using visual aids.
- Possesses or employs strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Applies experience and specialist knowledge to accomplish the job.
- Brings ideas to the table for discussion with AD.
- Works to transfer knowledge and skills to junior team members.
- Take the lead on developing and executing the content strategy for Instagram
- Collaborate with designers, product, marketing, sales and external influencers to produce high-quality content
- Plan and manage content production across social channels.
- Develop and implement the editorial calendar across owned and earned channels
- Write and commission video scripts, social posts and more, to clearly communicate our proposition
- Work with different departments across the company to understand and support their content needs
- Supervise and direct the work of a content executive.
- Own and update Instagram in order to reflect campaign themes
- Analyze and report on content performance and apply learnings to future content calendars
- Develop and own the brand tone of voice.
Posted on 13 Oct 10:54, Closing date 12 Dec