|Location:||Cape Town, Somerset West|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Loudhailer Global Pty Ltd|
The Loudhailer is a strategic communications and innovation engagement agency with the goal to raise the visibility of African entrepreneurs, provide market-access support for innovation projects and products, and with the greater vision to drive investment into Africa. The Loudhailer is passionate about innovation, disruption, the tech start-up scene, the corporate innovation space, the link between growing our economy, and bright new ideas from African entrepreneurs, and we are looking for someone who shares that passion. We have seen phenomenal growth and as we grow our client base, we are looking to expand our team with a highly motivated and dynamic brand strategist.
Why is the Loudhailer different?
We always strive to achieve excellence in all areas of the business. We engage with journalists and build solid relationships with the media, to deliver a credible and powerful presence for our clients.
Our brand strategist will be skilled and solutions-oriented with a strong analytical mind to craft compelling brand stories and strategies that deliver results. You will be a strategic thinker with a knack for uncovering consumer insights that inform strategy development. You will be open-minded and passionate about creating holistic brand experiences and ultimately, have strong research skills, an analytical mindset, and be an excellent storyteller.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop brand stories and strategies to help clients develop their brand’s story. Combining analytical and creative elements, where you will use specific data to devise a short or long-term strategy to position the brand and build market share.
- Deliver ideas and concepts that set their client apart from competitors, creating a strong position for market growth and recognition across various media channels.
- Creating buyer personas, which are descriptions of the company's ideal customer that include their age, lifestyle, personality, goals, needs, and challenges.
- Assess the performance of advertising campaigns and events.
- Creating competitive reviews and situational analyses.
- Identifying insights, challenges, and opportunities.
- Meeting and presenting to clients.
- Leading ideation and brainstorming sessions.
- Overseeing the production of all brand creative advertisements, presentations, catalogs, sales sheets, social media campaigns, blogs, testimonials, and ensuring they have a consistent tone and message.
- Writing consistent content for marketing materials.
- Conducting research on clients’ current marketing strategies, customer profile, and market share to develop a strong sense of strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve brand positioning.
- Conduct high-level research related to the client’s competitors, examining current marketing and branding trends within the client’s industry.
- Analysing market data, customer feedback, and survey responses to develop a marketing plan.
- Doing audits every year or two to assess the brand's status in the market and ways to strengthen it.
- Creating brand strategy documents and providing guidelines to various departments to ensure consistency.
- Present strategies to clients -by presenting findings, concepts, and progress to clients and work closely with them to fine-tune messaging throughout the process.
- Briefing and collaborating with creative teams to direct, oversee, and sign off on creative elements to ensure that materials adhere to client guidelines and are in line with the current brand strategy.
- Degree in business, marketing, branding, communication, or related field required.
- Work experience as a brand strategist or similar role in marketing
- Portfolio of brand-building projects
- Experience leading client meetings
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Data-driven thinking
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Creative and compelling storyteller
- Strong research skills
- Strategic thinker
Posted on 07 Oct 10:22, Closing date 5 Dec