PR Account Director
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund, Group Risk & Disability|
Job descriptionMain objectives of the job:
Weber Shandwick is looking for a seasoned account director to be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients by helping them address business imperatives or issues with the right marketing/communications solutions. Responsible for looking after the consumer portfolio working with the chief growth officer. At least eight years of experience required. Champion a superlative client experience by leading a dynamic integrated team to conceptualise and develop breakthrough ideas, innovative programs, and executional excellence. Advocate the agency’s full breadth of capabilities and expertise across today’s digitally lead media landscape. Lead business development activities with exciting and new clients.Main responsibilities:
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of clients' programs, budgets, timelines, and plans.
- Drive the development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics; ensure team deliverables align with strategies.
- Proactively support and suggest improvements to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience.
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product.
- know and embrace the client experience promise: know beyond and enable and inspire teams to consistently deliver on it.
- Display personal ownership and engagement for client engagement; be “in” clients business, developing a deep understanding of the industry
- Actively cultivate and nurture client relationship to build trust, long-term partnership, and client satisfaction.
- Balance needs and priorities of client stakeholders, internal teams and Weber Shandwick organisation.
- Act as internal and external navigator, strategically steering work product based on an understanding of client business and needs.
- Understand and translate client brief into strategic, programmatic solution.
- Lead, inspire and empower colleagues from various functions to coordinate work across departments, communicate effectively and collaborate to deliver as one team.
- Be responsible for advancing the Weber Shandwick “Engaging Always” purpose by fostering creativity and innovation.
- Formulate. Research and draft to advance client business goals with innovative ideas that are rooted in client business strategies.
- Architect engagements; establish a budget, timeline, and quality standards.
- Drive the success of client programs from start to finish, with passion and executional excellence.
- Be proactive and predictive; identify opportunities and anticipate issues, proactively recommending actions accordingly.
- Maintain broad and deep industry/sector knowledge relevant to clients 'business; bring simplicity, clarity, and understanding to actively help clients navigate dynamic communications environment, relevant trends, and important influencers.
- Maintain working knowledge of firm innovations, offerings, and points of view.
- Grow business prospects with existing clients, expand scopes of work and advance new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, behaviours that drive change, and willingness/desire to navigate uncertainty.
- Demonstrate key drivers of business imperatives/issues to create strategic solutions that resolve issues and/or shape better business outcomes.
- Advance great work and innovative ideas, rooted in demonstrable understanding of client business objectives audiences, and culture.
- Be a strong connector – across practices, specialities, and geographies – and by using organisational networks to successfully navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate ideas and strategies to clients and colleagues, including both oral and written expertise; where necessary, push boundaries and bravely defend great ideas with solid rationale.
- Master tools, resources, and business acumen to deliver strong financial performance and growth.
- Maintain knowledge and practiced experience with digital and social platforms, as well as multi-channel fluency to develop integrated programs.
- 7-9 years experience
- 2-3 years experience working with consumer and FMCG brands
- Strong decision-making
- Team management, people development
- Project management
- High proficiency in digital and social.
Posted on 22 Sep 12:04, Closing date 21 Nov