PR Account Executive
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R15000 per month market-related |
|Company:||Ad Talent Africa|
A reputable PR agency positioned in Cape Town is looking for a stellar PR account executive to work on their consumer and corporate portfolio. Responsibilities:
- Assist Account Managers prep for client status meetings by demonstrating real-time knowledge of all client activities;
- Ensure status documents are updated.
- Take ownership for initiatives
- Take responsibility for specific tasks on projects from start to finish.
- Able to demonstrate presentation and influencing skills
- Develop, alongside your AD/SAD, strategic and tactical client proposals, plans and calendars
- Demonstrate an ability to write effective content for your full client portfolio and display proficient editing skills; effectively brief the content team when specialist help is needed
- Drive journalist relationship-building initiatives within the team, across your full client portfolio
- Display an excellent knowledge of the South African media landscape (and an interest in the broader African media landscape), develop solid media relationships, and oversee the effective running of your team’s entire media relations process
- Write and pitch excellent quality, relevant story angles to targeted media, displaying creativity and an understanding of newsworthiness.
- Demonstrate strong research skills, and assimilation and presentation of information
- Participate in daily newsdesk/media meetings and ensure relevant news and angles are marked and shared with clients
- Ensure your team regularly updates media lists, informs the broader agency of media changes, compiles tailored media lists per client content piece, and ensures that master client media lists are kept updated
- Minimum of two years experience in PR and/or media.
- Relevant qualification or degree in PR, Media and/or communications.
- Knowledge of the PR landscape
- Strong media contacts and press release capabilities
- Account management
- Client liaison
- Public relations
Posted on 14 Sep 12:54