Mid-level Account Manager
|Benefits:||Contribution towards Medical aid and Pension|
Eclipse Communications - an award-winning, national communications agency - is looking for an Account Manager with Corporate experience to join its dynamic team to work on clients in varied industries, such as pharmaceutical, financial services and sustainability.
The candidate should have 3+ years of Public Relations and Corporate Communications experience, a solid track record of managing clients with a degree of independence, strong media relations and fully abreast with the news cycle and media landscape.
- Supports Account Director (AD) with the development of PR strategies across a number of different accounts.
- Supports AD by drafting PR plans that are well structured, detailed and reasonable in terms of resource utilisation.
- Works according to agreed PR plans and ensures that deliverables are of a high standard.
- Manages day-to-day client activities: planning, implementation, and evaluation of all tasks.
- Keeps clients abreast of all developments and progress on accounts: daily liaison via telephone, email, and meetings.
- Identifies positive opportunities for clients and discusses the same with AD before action is taken.
- Coordinates and supervises staff and external vendors that render services.
- Drafts and manages critical timelines as part of communications plans.
- Reviews monthly status and media measurement reports before submission to AD for sign off.
- Prepares AAR reports / basic PR plans before submitting to AD for sign-off.
- Prepares and checks supporting documentation/info for monthly billing of accounts for clients: ensures that they are correct and according to budget.
- Track and reconcile project fee and expense budgets and alert the AD to any budget overspend/underspend
- Builds and maintains relationships with suppliers relevant to the PR function - eg web developers, graphic designers, photographers, etc.
- Is able to accurately brief service providers and manage critical timelines.
- Reports daily to AD regarding account status, administrative matters and any problem areas.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the media landscape: Understands how the media works and knows how to engage appropriately with journalists.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with journalists.
- Keeps abreast of digital/social/web media trends and is able to identify opportunities for clients.
- Identifies media trends and themes and is able to capitalize on these to the client's advantage.
- Continually learning the technical skills required to implement digital media plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key influencers in the digital media space; as well as celebrities where possible
- Prepares own media lists or reviews those drafted by AE or AA.
- Assists in identifying new business opportunities
- Actively participate in new business development including proposal writing
- Originates or manages the origination (via clear, timeous, written briefs including key messages, deadlines, audience and supporting info) for innovative copy and text, press releases, articles, opinion pieces, newsletters, website content, brochure text as required.
- Is proactive about providing creative ideas for articles/press releases/online content.
- Plans and coordinates the Agency team in the execution of events (media or otherwise) according to brief, client expectation, and company standard.
- Works across multiple accounts and is able to prioritize and manage projects and team members effectively.
- Time management for self and others.
- Set priorities, timetables and goals for self and others.
- Checks for accuracy and consistency in all tasks for self and others.
- Ability to get the cooperation of team members and others while working on a project.
- Supports team members and includes the solutions they bring to projects.
- Logical and clear approach to resolving problems. Ensures that corrective actions are implemented.
- Effectively expresses ideas and explains plans and actions to others.
- Checks for understanding when speaking to others.
- Plans presentations logically, using visual aids.
- Possesses or employs strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills.
- Applies experience and specialist knowledge to accomplish the job.
- Brings ideas to the table for discussion with the management team.
- Works to transfer knowledge and skills to junior team members.
Posted on 01 Jun 13:02