|Remuneration:||negotiable BasicSalary |
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Feed That Bird Communication Consultants|
Job descriptionAbout Feed That Bird Communication Consultants:
Feed That Bird is a content, public relations and social media marketing agency with a strong focus on developing innovative public relations, traditional and social media strategies for its clients in the hospitality industry. This position is for a dynamic creative with strong writing, strategic and social media skills, and will suit someone who seeks an environment where hard work will be rewarded with professional growth and a rewarding career.
Feed That Bird prides itself in subscribing to a lifestyle where work-life balance is rewarded. We believe you should 'Enjoy Life' and that also includes life at work. We believe that success is only possible if you enjoy what you do - therefore, we don't work with people, clients or brands who don't fit the bill. If this sounds like an environment you'd flourish in, then you are invited to submit your application to join our agency!
Please provide a CV and a cover letter, detailing how you meet the following requirements:Key responsibilities
- Write press and news articles in line with strategy defined for portfolio of clients, supported by senior members.
- Plan and develop innovative content for social media and manage the content flow within a content plan and provide relevant report back on performance within these platforms.
- Community manage the social media accounts of various clients and engage with the community on relevant topics around events and news.
- Research, develop and update media databases for various clients.
- Assist with execution of communication strategy in line with campaign ideas.
- Develop relationships with, and promote news stories to, media.
- Assist in compiling proposals and pitches to clients.
- Administration tasks related to accounts and company.
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, bilingual English/Afrikaans a distinct advantage and ability to write in both languages highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and passion for social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok).
- Ability to keep up with, and remain informed of, social media trends, emerging platforms, user base per platform and target audiences.
- Ability to keep up with trends in the content marketing sphere and the ability to interpret these for innovative and relevant content for clients.
- Must be fully MS Office literate (i.e. email, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Illustration of PR and / or content marketing experience. An in-depth understanding of social media and digital audiences is key.
- Illustration of an interest in wine and associated industries.
- Community management for social platforms.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Independent and creative with strong problem-solving skills
- Energetic and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
Starting date is ASAP, or 1 July. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Feed That Bird Communication Consultants (Pty Ltd) is a full-service public relations and brand-building PR firm based in Cape Town.
We provide the wine, lifestyle, hospitality, travel and tourism brands with creative, relevant and engaging PR strategies. Feed That Bird is proud to be the preferred PR, social media and brand narrative suppliers to some of the country’s most established brands with a client book that reaches from Cape Town and Johannesburg to Germany and Australia.
Posted on 31 May 14:44