- Why HR is at risk from cybertattacks
- Celebrate youthful diversity this June on Biz
- Business rescue process: Don't disregard the rights of employees
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionGreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports the development of the green economy – one that is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. We assist green technology businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to investment and growth. Driven by GreenCape’s 5-year strategy, the organisation is expecting to double in size in the next five years.
We are looking to hire a versatile Communications Officer to join our growing Communications team (reporting to the Head of Communications), who will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of GreenCape’s substantial stakeholder database on Zoho CRM.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
a) Communications Officer
- Form part of the communications team responsible for GreenCape’s integrated brand communication implementation, internal communications and project communications support.
- Support GreenCape’s project teams on project communications deliverables, including writing, editing, events support (online and physical).
- Email campaign design and dissemination (Manage the integration between Zoho CRM and Zoho Campaigns through ongoing custom tagging support, as per campaign requirements).
- Support on digital communication management (including website SEO optimization and ad hoc digital marketing campaign management).
b) Database Management
- Manage GreenCape’s stakeholder database (on Zoho CRM).
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- Developing database structures and features according to organisational needs.
- Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Preparing and presenting system reports to managers when required.
- Performing database maintenance.
- Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
- Keeping up to date with developments and trends in database management.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position (available immediately until 31 March 2022). Contract renewal for an additional 3 years will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Head: Communications & Publishing via email@example.com. The deadline for applications is close of business on Tuesday 13 April 2021. Interviews will be held in the week of 18 April. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible or dependent on current notice periods.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- An indication of salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
Please see detailed job description here: https://www.green-cape.co.za/assets/GreenCape-Job-Advert-Communications-Officer.pdf
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Degree in Communication Management, Brand Management or Marketing Management (Degree or Diploma in Management Information Systems (MIS), computer science, information systems, or information technology is advantageous)
- Minimum five years’ experience in a communications role (communications agency or corporate / brand).
- Minimum two years' experience in complex systems and database management. (Previous experience with Zoho CRM is advantageous.)
- Knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security (including a working knowledge of POPIA and GDPR).
- Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- Excellent writing skills (non-negotiable) - Evidence will be required.
- Experience with email campaign software, and website back-ends eg Wordpress, Silverstripe and the various social media platforms.
- Basic design skills (using open source software e.g. Canva).
- The ability to synthesize technical content into clear messaging for designed collateral.
- Able to support teams in the running of online meetings and events on various platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, GoToWebinar etc.)
- Deadline driven.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- High levels of accountability and confidentiality.
- Integrity and ability to build and maintain staff trust.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and prioritise.
- Innovative and driven.
- Emotionally intelligent
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- dept with MS Office software and the Google environment.
The following will be an advantage:
- A keen interest in the green economy, demonstrated through volunteering involvement or job experience.
- A portfolio of written content that has been published on external platforms (ie news releases, feature articles, blogposts etc.)
- Examples of designed collateral or video content produced.
- Links to social media accounts that the candidate was responsible to community manage. These can also be personal social media accounts.
Posted on 31 Mar 08:23