PR Account Director - Client Experience
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
Job descriptionMain objectives of the job:
Be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients by helping them address business imperatives or issues with the right marketing /communications solutions. Champion a superlative client experience by leading a dynamic integrated team to develop breakthrough ideas, innovative programs, and executional excellence. Advocate the agency’s full breadth of capabilities and expertise across today’s digitally lead media landscape. Lead business development activities with exciting and new clients.
- Own responsibilities for executional leadership of clients' programs, budgets, timelines, and plans.
- Drive the development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics; ensure team deliverables align with strategies.
- Proactively support and suggest improvements to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience.
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product.
- Virtual management of a team in 5 10 African countries.
- Project management of various events and activities throughout the continent.
- Know and embrace the client experience promise: know beyond and enable and inspire teams to consistently deliver on it.
- Display personal ownership and engagement for client engagement; be “in” clients business, developing a deep understanding for industry
- Actively cultivate and nurture client relationship to build trust, long-term partnership, and client satisfaction.
- Balance needs and priorities of client stakeholders, internal teams, and Weber Shandwick organisation.
- Act as internal and external navigator, strategically steering work product based on an understanding of client business and needs.
- Understand and translate client brief into strategic, programmatic solution.
- Lead, inspire, and empower colleagues from various functions to coordinate work across departments, communicate effectively, and collaborate to deliver as one team.
- Be responsible for advancing the Weber Shandwick “Engaging Always” purpose by fostering creativity and innovation.
- Formulate. Research and draft to advance client business goals with innovative ideas that are rooted in client business strategies.
- Architect engagements; establish a budget, timeline, and quality standards.
- Drive the success of client programs from start to finish, with passion and executional excellence.
- Be proactive and predictive; identify opportunities and anticipate issues, proactively recommending actions accordingly.
- Maintain broad and deep industry/sector knowledge relevant to clients 'business; bring simplicity, clarity, and understanding to actively help clients navigate dynamic communications environment, relevant trends, and important influencers.
- Maintain working knowledge of firm innovations, offerings, and points of view.
- Grow business prospects with existing clients, expand scopes of work, and advance new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, behaviours that drive change, and willingness/desire to navigate uncertainty.
- Demonstrate key drivers of business imperatives/issues to create strategic solutions that resolve issues and/or shape better business outcomes.
- Advance great work and innovative ideas, rooted in demonstrable understanding of client business objectives audiences, and culture.
- Be a strong connector – across practices, specialties, and geographies – and by using organisational networks to successfully navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate ideas and strategies to clients and colleagues, including both oral and written expertise; where necessary, push boundaries and bravely defend great ideas with solid rational.
- Master tools, resources, and business acumen to deliver strong financial performance and growth.
- Maintain knowledge and practiced experience with digital and social platforms, as well as multi-channel fluency to develop integrated programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the African countries' business and media landscape.
RequirementsRequired qualification and experience
- Five to nine ears experience.
- Strong decision-making.
- Team management, people development.
- High proficiency of digital and social.
- Strong writing skills.
- Relevant qualification in the communications or journalism field
Posted on 27 Nov 11:29
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Account Manager, Account Director, Account Executive, Art Director, PR Account Director, Creative Director, Digital Account Manager, Director, Managing Director, PR Account Manager
Get job alerts for PR Account Director jobs
We are looking for a public relations account director (AD) that has the capability of handling a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high...
17 Dec 2020
Role overview We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent media relationships, account management, strategic/tactical planning, team...
27 Nov 2020
Johannesburg R850000 - R950000 Yearly
A financial institution based in Centurion requires an intermediate Java developer with Spring Boot experience to join their growing team.
Pretoria, Centurion R900000 - R950000 Yearly
Are you looking to work for a company that gives you huge benefits? Well, take a look at this! Family work-life balance, career training with continuous upskilling...
Johannesburg R800000 - R900000 Monthly
Our client is on the lookout for learned senior Java developers! So, you’re all about your Java skills as well as Spring, Hibernate, and Angular.
Pretoria, Centurion R700000 - R800000 Yearly
Reference number for this position is ZH47989.