- Making a hospital space feel psychologically safer helped South African health workers
- Evolution of workforce skills demand - what the future holds
- 5 key trends shaping the post-pandemic workplace
|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Feed That Bird Communication Consultants|
Job descriptionFeed That Bird is seeking to employ a strong and strategic account director
Feed That Bird, a PR agency that prides itself in delivering work for some of South Africa’s biggest wine brands, is seeking a seasoned account director to join its team. The new incumbent should be ready to embrace his / her managing role by bringing to the company strong leadership skills. In addition, the position calls for previous experience within a PR/media consultancy; excellent writing skills; exceptional media relations skills, and fantastic client management skills.
This exciting role will see you handling the management and day-to-day execution of PR plans for clients (and the agency), under the direction from the Director, as well as managing mid-level and junior staff (senior account manager(s), account manager(s), writers and freelancers). The ideal candidate will be instrumental in introducing potential leads, contacts, and opportunities to the agency, and will take a leading role in new business development and pitches. As part of a managing role, the candidate will also be required to grow the FTB team with creative professionals.
We want someone who can expertly navigate PR in a present / post-Covid world, someone who understands the important role of content, the power of the written word, but who also knows how to conceptualise and lead a winning PR campaign through the use of rich content and digital platforms. The ideal candidate is obsessed with trends, has a winning attitude (and the portfolio to prove it!), doesn’t need to be micro-managed, is innovative and just a generally cool person people enjoy dealing with.
- Main client contacts and own the client relationship.
- Core understanding of client business and displays sound and meaningful relationships with clients
- Strategy lead on account – Research, development of PR and marketing strategies
- Crisis management and communications as needed
- Day to day implementation of agreed client PR plans
- Media liaison and relationship building – With traditional media and online influencers
- Well versed with content creation – Press releases, online content and more. Ability to provide clear briefs to freelancers to ensure well-written and error-free copy.
- Excellent presentation skills – Verbal, in front of an audience, and written
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong budget management skills
- Management of junior and mid-level staff
- Identify and secure new business for the agency
- Develop and present client proposals and new business pitches
- Other duties as assigned
- Working closely with the director to manage the teams and provide senior counsel on clients
- Step in to work on and help out on accounts as a senior lead when Director is away or not available
- Mentor the mid-level and junior team members, particularly in terms of skills development in media relations and stringent quality control
- New business and project work as required.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Five years minimum experience in a PR or communications/media agency.
- Excellent media relations skills with proven relationships and results in traditional and digital media placement.
- Excellent writer and able to develop and implement ongoing PR and media relations campaigns.
- Minute attention to detail and editing/sub-editing skills.
- Able to work independently and comfortable with managing and mentoring the team.
- Massively organised.
- Experience in managing and leading mid-level and junior staff
- Understanding of all marketing disciplines – digital, branding, design, online, etc.
- Outgoing, opinionated, and dynamic.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Creative, passionate, articulate, and well-presented.
- Obsessed with media and trends and wine.
Posted on 25 Nov 14:59
Apply by emailJeanri-Tine van Zyl-Punt
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Art Director, PR Account Director, Account Executive, Branch Manager, Campaign Manager, Digital Account Manager, Operations Manager
Get job alerts for Account Director jobs
Company: Red Ribbon Communications Position: PR Account Director Industry: Media Relations, Content Strategy, Digital Advertising Employment type:...
Cape Town, Woodstock
Ogilvy Cape Town is looking for an Account Director to work in their team. We are looking for an experienced TTL Account Director, with a passion for all things...
Cape Town, Rondebosch R20000 - R36000 Monthly neg
The client/account lead is a skilled and driven individual who takes responsibility for owning and growing key client relationships, as well as managing the strategic...