|Get jobs on your |
PR Account Executive
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionAre you passionate about innovation, disruption, the tech startup scene, the corporate innovation space, the link between growing our economy and bright new ideas from African entrepreneurs? Do you have close relationships with key media contacts in South Africa and beyond?
Then it could be time you join The Loudhailer - a team passionate about telling the African innovation story as our PR Account Executive.
Our goal is to raise visibility of African entrepreneurs, provide market-access support for innovation projects and products, with the greater vision to drive investment into Africa.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to global, national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering clients’ stories
- Strong media relationships and an existing contact base of tech and business journalists/producers across Africa
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople - in person or over the phone - and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Take minutes in meetings with clients and prepare status reports
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Ensure you are up to date on all news and trending topics related to the clients and industry
- Provide administration support to managers and clients
- Manage client information and maintain client records and cloud storage
- Prepare written briefs for designers, copy writers, developers, etc.
- Previous experience in PR and media relations experience
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in PR, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Microsoft Office: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent telephone manner: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
Posted on 29 Jun 08:49
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Branch Manager, Account Director, Creative Director, Sales Executive, Account Executive, Advertising Sales Executive, Executive, General Manager