- Remote meetings? What's the best way to connect?
- Covid-19 lockdown: How it will affect your employer's finances
- Innovation and creativity in the time of Covid-19: Alternative ways of thinking and doing
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R20000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Awesome company culture, social impact events|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Dunkeld West|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionPlease don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the causes that need their help. We’re building and running the sexiest technology platform for the non-profit sector in South Africa (and eventually other developing markets). Our platform is used to run SA’s biggest volunteering site (www.forgood.co.za) and 15 corporate employee volunteering programmes with over 26,000 corporate employees already signed up.
We need someone to join our Programme Management team for six months, helping us execute employee volunteering events and activations.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on!
You must want:
- To work in a fast-paced tech “scale-up” environment, where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description. We’re obsessed with delivery and getting stuff done. We reward outcomes over effort
- This is not your traditional events role – you’ll have a high level of responsibility and accountability
- Please note that there is a big administrative element to this job and you will have to integrate your events and event administration with our digital platform
- Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself, leave ego at the door. You will need to be organised, passionate, energetic, solve problems on your feet and be obsessed with the details
- Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
- Work with our programme managers to create perfectly executed events that result in repeat business, ensuring that final outputs conform to time, quality, and budget
- Help with planning, preparation, set up and break down of events
- Manage event administration including quotations and invoices source and manage suppliers
- Develop charity and supplier relationships
- Attend client status meetings, generate and create event reports, pre and post events
- Represent Forgood as a brand ambassador at events
- Help with crisis management
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you care. It doesn’t tell us that you really want this role. And we only want to hear from people who really want this role. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions and send along with your CV.
1. Describe an event that you have worked on.
2. What processes did you implement to run the event?
3. What mistake(s) have you made, that you’ve learnt from in the events space?
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our clients.
Salary: R12,000 to R20,000 per month, six-months contract.
Email your answers to .
Company DescriptionWe connect people to causes! SA's largest public and corporate volunteering platform...
RequirementsQualifications and experience required:
- Three to five years of events management experience is critical
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills
- Marketing and selling skills. You’re selling us through our events
- Strong administrative skills
Posted on 19 Feb 09:56