|Get jobs on your |
Senior Account Manager
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
Razor is the public relations, culture and influence agency in the M&C Saatchi Group in South Africa. We are a highly entrepreneurial and opportunity focused company who want to be the most effective public relations company on the African continent and beyond. We believe in strategically grounded, highly creative solutions that work for our clients and their businesses.
We believe that “the people with the best people win” and are looking for a world-class Johannesburg based senior account manager to join our team and be part of this audacious vision. We are looking for a brave, bright, optimistic problem solver.
Six core qualities that we are looking for:
- Passion for creativity and impact - Fights for most brilliant, creative and effective work and actively seeks to deliver media and stakeholder solutions on every brief. Is proactive, and passionate about going beyond the brief for clients, and unlocking the power of powerful conversations. Has proven media and influencer relationships and can successfully leverage these to generate the most powerful conversations for clients.
- Connector of dots – Someone who can work across complex client businesses and sectors. Understands what makes news and can turn this into content that matters. Understands client industries and the demands this brings, but more importantly, turns this knowledge into conversations that create a powerful impact. Can write (even if an editor has to do some polishing). Can spot a good angle from the other side of the room.
- Operational smarts – ability to get work out in an efficient and effective manner. Understands client scope and what’s been promised, and makes it a mission to go beyond this. Believes in measurable work for clients. Is accountable. Gets the job done, on time and on budget without just being busy.
- Relationship builder – A natural leader who is able to work with multiple levels both within the agency environment and when dealing with client. Has a proven media network and ability to build and maintain influence network that directly benefit clients, their companies, brands and products. Builds relationships across the client organisation and supports the reputation of the agency.
- Passionate about admin and the detail: Pays attention to the details and worries about the little things and has strong organisation, admin and time management skills. Is commercially minded and understands management client budgets and processes. Can manage time and deliverables as a self-starter.
- Drives positivity - Is energetic with a go-getter attitude and injects this into the team.
Four simple ways you will be measured:
- Happy people: Build relationships of trust, respect and partnership within our culture that allows people to be and do their best, as well as be responsible for managing and growing the core skills of their junior team members.
- Happy clients: Client has full trust and confidence in you to lead projects; take briefs; and manage client presentations without senior involvement. You are able to identify opportunities to build on and grow the client relationship – You are able to surprise and delight beyond the day-to-day. Being proactive is second nature to you.
- Happy money: You are responsible for ensuring the client teams charges for work correctly, and ensures the necessary "checks and balances" are in place to drive seamless financial administration of the account. You can also confidently do first drafts of fee proposals and has a very clear understanding of how the agency makes money. Understands the client scope of work and contractual obligations.
- Happy work: You have a trusted relationship with supporting creative, strategy and production teams and are able to conduct meetings both internally and with clients. Can assess and push the work to deliver the most impact for clients. You continuously ensure that there is consistent alignment and quality controls in all the work produced. Is accountable.
- Three to five years' experience in the account management function (big agency experience is preferable).
- Experienced in working with senior clients across multiple stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the media landscape (traditional and digital).
- Proven network of media relationships and influencer relationships.
- Solid understanding of current affairs and issues, with the ability to leverage these to do the most effective work for clients. Know a story when you see one, know what content works to make it work for clients.
- Writing skills (even if you are not secretly penning your award-winning novel) as well as presentation skills.
- A natural leader with fantastic people skills - both within the agency environment and when dealing with clients.
We don't do ego. We solve in the positive. We love what we do.
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 Feb 16:21
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- PR Account Director, Centurion, Ad Talent
- Senior PR Account Director/Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Paid Search Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Paid Search/Google Specialist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Tradeway Promotions
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Norwood
- Account Manager - Corporate Communications, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- PR Junior Account Manager, Sandton, Irvine Partners
- Account Manager - Marketing Research - Quantitative Research, Johannesburg, Sandton and Surrounds, LayerCake recruitment
- Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- Account Manager, Bryanston, The Skills Mine
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Junior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Senior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Greenside, Gorilla
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Account Manager - FMCG, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Account Manager - Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Sales/Client Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton Estate
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Dunkeld West, Sandton
- Freelance Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- PPC Account Manager | Marketing Agency, Johannesburg, Amplified Talent
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Peter Place, Sandton
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Kramerville, Sandton