|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
Razor is the public relations, culture and influence agency in the M&C Saatchi Group in South Africa. We are a highly entrepreneurial and opportunity focused company who want to be the most effective public relations company on the African continent and beyond. We believe in strategically grounded, highly creative solutions that work for our clients and their businesses.
We believe that “the people with the best people win” and are looking for a world-class Johannesburg based account director to join our team and be part of this audacious vision. We are looking for a brave, bright, optimistic problem solver.
Six core qualities that we are looking for:
- Passion for creativity and impact - Fights for most brilliant, creative and effective work and actively seeks to deliver media and stakeholder solutions on every brief. Is proactive and passionate about going beyond the brief for clients, and unlocking the power of powerful conversations.
- Connector of dots – Someone who can work across complex client businesses and sectors. Understands the news and stakeholder landscape and how issues and events connect to create opportunities to bring the right people together to solve problems quickly.
- Operational smarts – Ability to get work out in an efficient and effective manner. Understands the role of communications and is an effective counsellor to clients and client leaders. Delivers measurable work for clients. Is accountable.
- Relationship builder – A natural leader who is able to work with multiple stakeholders both within the agency environment and when dealing with clients. Has a proven media network and ability to build and maintain influence network that directly benefit clients, their companies, brands and products. Builds relationships across the client organisation and supports the reputation of the agency.
- Passionate about admin and the detail - Pays attention to the details and worries about the little things and has strong organisation, admin and time management skills. Is commercially minded and understands management client budgets and processes.
- Drives positivity - Is energetic with a go-getter attitude and injects this into the team.
Four simple ways you will be measured:
- Happy people: Build relationships of trust, respect and partnership within our culture that allows people to be and do their best, as well as be responsible for managing and growing the core skills of their junior team members.
- Happy clients: Client has full trust and confidence in you to lead projects; take briefs; and manage client presentations without senior involvement. You are able to identify opportunities to build on and grow the client relationship – You are able to surprise and delight beyond the day-to-day.
- Happy money: You are responsible for ensuring the client teams charges for work correctly and ensures the necessary "checks and balances" are in place to drive seamless financial administration of the account. You can also confidently do first drafts of fee proposals and has a very clear understanding of how the agency makes money. Understands the client scope of work and contractual obligations.
- Happy work: You have a trusted relationship with supporting creative, strategy and production teams and are able to conduct meetings both internally and with clients. Can assess and push the work to deliver the most impact for clients. You continuously ensure that there is consistent alignment and quality controls in all the work produced. Is accountable.
Seven things you must have
- Five to seven+ years' experience in the account management function (big agency experience is preferable)
- Experienced in working with senior clients across multiple stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the media landscape (traditional and digital).
- Proven network of media relationships and influencer relationships.
- Solid understanding of current affairs and issues, with the ability to leverage these to do the most effective work for clients. Know a story when you see one, know what content works to make it work for clients.
- Writing skills (even if you are not secretly penning your award-winning novel) as well as presentation skills.
- A natural leader with fantastic people skills - both within the agency environment and when dealing with client.
We don't do ego. We solve in the positive. We love what we do.
While we look at every CV submitted to us in detail, given the sheer volume of applications we’re not able to respond to every applicant personally. Rest assured that if we like what we see, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, we’ll keep your details on record for future consideration.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 Feb 16:16
Get job alerts for Account Director jobs
- Account Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Tradeway Promotions
- Account Director - Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Account Director - Marketing Research - Quantitative Research, Johannesburg, Sandton, LayerCake recruitment
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Digital Account Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- PR Account Director, Centurion, Ad Talent
- Account Director, Johannesburg, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Senior Account Director, Johannesburg, VMLY&R South Africa
- Account Director, Johannesburg
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- Senior Account Director - PR Agency, Rivonia, Lewyll Communications
- Senior Digital Account Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Senior PR Account Director/Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent