|Get jobs on your |
PR Account Director
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
We have a fabulous job opportunity for a dynamic PR Account Director at an exciting full-service ad agency in Cape Town. We’re looking for someone to take the helm of the PR division as its most senior person – someone who will manage and mentor a close-knit team. Previous PR agency experience working on high level PR strategy and campaign development for a variety of clients, as well as media relations are non-negotiable. Our client is ideally looking for someone with a broad range of client experience including investor relations, crisis communications, government stakeholder engagement as well as lifestyle brands. This role calls for an individual with a strong PR background (preferably from a PR agency) who has hands-on experience with tactical PR. The PR Account Director must have a gift for building and nurturing relationships with current and potential stakeholders. If you are multi-skilled in the PR realm and are excited by the prospect of becoming a part of a team delivering quality public relations campaigns and media relations – we’d love to hear from you.
- Management of internal communications
- Management of PR and consumer relations on behalf of clients
- Strategic planning - Strategic and tactical PR
- Media and investor relations
- Government relations
- Working closely with various internal stakeholders in terms of tenders for business
- Business development
- Crisis resolution and management
- PR Campaigns for clients
- Social media communications and management of management of influencers
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Tertiary qualification in Public Relations essential
- At least 4 years’ working in a PR Account Director role
- Previous experience in an advertising or PR agency is non-negotiable
- Previous PR agency experience working on high level PR strategy and campaign development and media relations non-negotiable
- Experienced with/in media, investor and government relations; crisis resolution and management; financial and consumer PR; tactical, strategic and campaign PR; event management; internal communications; social media and influencer management
- Experience working on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn platforms.
- Proven track record in strategic planning and business development
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines.
- Enjoys a fast-paced agency environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and eager to learn attitude.
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Valid, driver's licence and own transport.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 14 Feb 12:43
+27 21 422 1037