|Get jobs on your |
|Company:||ViacomCBS Networks Afric|
Reporting into the director of communications, ViacomCBS Networks Africa is looking for a highly-skilled, purpose-driven communications manager with a passion for the entertainment industry and the African continent. The role comprises executing Communications planning, execution, measurement and delivery in support of the business objectives of ViacomCBS Networks Africa, including internal communications and consumer/brand communications MTV, MTV Base, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and BET in Africa.
- Qualification: Bachelors degree with a postgraduate preferred with minimum five to seven years of communications experience within a global organisation in television/media/entertainment/IT/Technology or consumer FMCG industries. Strong work ethic, initiative driven, attention to detail, and grace under pressure.
- Language: Excellent and superior written and verbal command of English.
- Communication: The candidate must be a highly ethical and strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish good relationships with internal and external contacts of all professional levels. Excellent existing media relations in business, blogger and consumer media. Stakeholder relations at industry level within the public sector and broadcast industry.
- Digital media: It's important that the candidate has a strong knowledge of digital communication and social media trends and engagement.
- Relationships and team building: The candidate has to be able to work effectively across multiple languages, continents and time zones and possess strong team-building skills.
- Other: The candidate has to mature conflict management and negotiation skill. Multi-task efficiently across workloads and remain level-headed under pressure and during crisis.
- Develop and execute strategic communications campaigns that incorporate both new and traditional tactics for media and audience outreach.
- Write documents and communications assets.
- Develop brand awareness through communications for all ViacomCBS brands in each country in Africa cluster.
- Manage day to day tactical correspondence between International and local communications teams within the South, Europe and Middle East and Africa cluster and vice versa.
- Support local teams and communications agencies on a daily basis; manage and support numerous external agencies with defined briefs, day to day project/campaign delivery and measurement/analytical reporting on a daily/weekly and monthly basis.
- Proactively develop and implement communications strategies across various programmes, events, properties, brand partnerships, rating highlights, etc.
- Create communications materials for target audiences, including press releases, statements, Q&As, synopses, backgrounders, briefing documents, staff newsletters and event activations etc.
- Seek out and identify new opportunities to elevate brand awareness in trade and consumer press across Africa.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists on the continent to increase consumer communications and develop and maintain strong media contacts with key journalists across all media with special emphasis on music, entertainment and broadcast reporters.
- Support all aspects of organisation and coordination of press conferences and PR events.
- Coordinate press and key stakeholder attendance at ViacomCBS Networks Africa large-scale events, including accreditation process, coordination of journalist/guest logistics, collation and distribution of pre and post-event communication materials and press assets, interview requests and access to talent.
- Manage creation and updating of department materials including fact sheets, boilerplates, biographies, mailing lists, contact sheets, etc. and develop a central archive of department’s press assets.
- Develop and implement internal communications activities together with the HR and agency teams,
- Work with local teams to modernise communications strategies by incorporating digital communications tactics and materials.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
Note: the position requires travel outside of South Africa and it is therefore essential that the applicant has a valid passport.
Posted on 04 Feb 13:43