|Get jobs on your |
PR Account Manager
|Location:||Johannesburg, Peter Place, Sandton|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||LESLEY SIMPSON COMMUNICATIONS|
Job descriptionNew business has resulted in this position being created and is available according to the right person's availability - either immediate or within a month's notice.
LSC is a well-established boutique communications/PR agency located in Peter Place, Sandton, Johannesburg. As creators of fresh, credible content for a client base of reputable travel industry related clients, we are looking for a strong new team member whose responsibilities will include identifying and management of relevant content opportunities, both existing and new.
Combining an intimate knowledge of SA's media landscape, social media management and blogger/influencer relations into one brand building exercise, it is sure to motivate any true PR professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Delivering KPI’s timeously; building and maintaining of relationships; and superb writing skills will all contribute and support LSC’s positive team culture.
Please only respond to this position based on an already existing career in the communications industry. An added bonus will be your experience in PR and travel combined!
Responsible to the MD/Owner, this person will also be responsible for the management of a small team of PR professionals.
Key competencies and requirements:
- Strong creative writing skills (for traditional PR and social media channels)
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills
- Media relations experience
- Produce press releases/newsletters/knowledge of Everlytics
- Manage press briefings
- Produce and implement a print and digital content plan
- Liaison with key blogger partners in creation of content
- Ensure synergy and alignment between digital and print content
- Knowledge of key social media channels
- Work in conjunction with digital partners on social media campaigns
- Research and test new PR link building tactics
- Production of monthly reports; knowledge of specific reporting tools;
- Ability to organise events; conferences; product launches;
- Confident personality with good presentation skills;
- Acknowledge clients' deadlines;
- Willingness to travel and owns a passport;
- Own transport
- Knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, whether inbound or outbound focused would be a huge bonus!
- This is not an industry to clock-watch, and although only a five-day week, it can be very deadline driven, so the right candidate needs to be understanding that travel queries often come 'after hours'!
- An intimate understanding of 'who's who' in media circles; and how to find the right contacts to match the right brand building required.
- Passion for what you do & a commitment to meet client's expectations.
- Please take this briefing seriously; do not apply if your credentials do not match the mould!
Posted on 21 Jan 07:35
Get job alerts for PR Account Manager jobs
- Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy South Africa
- Senior Tech PR Account Manager/Director, Johannesburg, Morningside, DUO Marketing + Communications
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- PR Account Director, Centurion, Ad Talent
- Senior PR Account Director/Business Unit Director, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Intermediate Java Developers - Spring Boot, Centurion, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- C# Developer - IoT/Cloud Projects, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior JAVA Developer – Pretoria – R900K to R1Mil CTC per annum, Pretoria, e-Merge IT Recruitment