|Get jobs on your |
Public Relations Account Manager
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionOnPoint PR is a leading boutique public relations agency based in Johannesburg with clients in South Africa and Globally. We work with a wide range of clients across different sectors, including Lifestyle, FMCC, Sports, Financial Services, and NGO’s.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, public relations professional to join the OnPoint PR team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, very strong writer, and have a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic plans. They should have hands-on experience of corporate, B2B and targeted consumer PR and communications campaigns.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an ambitious spirit looking to have real impact on a growing global business.
What you will do:
- Assist with the development AND execution of strategic public relations programs that build equity, increase engagement, and drive measurable business results.
- Craft well-written thought leadership content (press releases, bylines, blogs, LinkedIn posts, award submissions) that is on point with key messages.
- Develop smart messaging and briefing guides that are effective in keeping spokespeople on message; conduct media prep calls and media training.
- Have a hands-on approach to identifying and pitching target media and generating positive coverage; championing and owning key media relationships.
- Successfully collaborate and build trusted relationships with marketing and sales leaders to identify the right communications strategies and tactics to meet business goals.
- Help create and implement communications plans, including defining messaging, in support of product launches, campaigns and other business initiatives as needed.
- Be an authority on public relations and communications standard methodologies.
- Proactively identify PR process improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Have a goal-oriented approach and ability to measure and report on outcomes.
- Experience leading the development and implementation of effective PR programs that drive measurable results.
- Skillful writer who can create high level content and provide editing / messaging feedback to others.
- A+ written and verbal communications skills.
- Consistent track record of building media relationships and securing targeted, on-message coverage.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Mix of corporate and agency experience; experience working with global organizations is a plus.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and hard-working, with strong problem solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to work and establish credibility with a range of partners from all levels of responsibilities, up to the CEO.
- Knowledge of measurement and reporting tools and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to regularly identify and prioritise the most newsworthy institutional, programs and special events;
- Develop public relations campaigns for society-wide initiatives and events, drafting press releases, curating media contacts, customising outreach, and following up;
- Manage outsourced publicists, writers, eventing staff, agencies and consultants, to ensure that all PR campaigns are executed in a manner consistent with the organization’s messaging and standards;
- Oversee press events and handle press check-ins at events, as needed;
- Directly review and approve all social media content before it’s posted; work closely with marketing staff to ensure that all other content (print, email, website)
- Maintain organization’s press tools, assets, media kits and clippings;
- Keep on top of shifting media trends and adapt strategies to maximise PR value;
- Generate press reports with coverage highlights and reputation assessment.
- Develop and oversee targeted public relations strategies and execution of tactical plans for clients and our business
- Ensure smooth communication and coordination across all media campaigns and channels including digital
- Assist with creating and executing social media and digital tactical campaigns
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages (e.g. events/press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.
- Oversee briefings and opportunity management with media and clients
- Oversee and assist with team’s identification, pitching and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Stay informed of industry trends and media moves
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Conduct regular client reporting – weekly, monthly and quarterly, keeping abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- A minimum experience of FIVE years in a progressive public relations position of a fast moving and dynamic business environment. In addition to this, must have a proven and successful experience in planning and managing multiple PR projects in a stressful environment or under tight deadlines.eliable transport (own reliable vehicle essential)
- Must have a PR qualification - preferably honours degree in PR and Communication.
- The PR Manager must have experience working with traditional PR channels as well as key social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In addition, must have a proven and successful experience working in a collaborative and cross-functional setting. The candidate must also have a proven track record of successfully executed media strategies while working in a PR position.
- Must be proficient in Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Ms Excel. This is to ensure the creation of creative content for presentations; content that is not only verbally engaging but also visually captivating.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to convey complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a simple and clear manner that they can relate to; he/she must possess an ability to tailor messages in accordance to the audience.
- The position is a highly interactive position and communications skills of the occupier must, therefore, be top notch, both in written and verbal form. The PR Manager is a representative of the business and an embodiment of its messages and products, as such; the PR Manager must have an outstanding ability to communicate those messages in the clearest and most concise manner, bringing about a positive outlook on the business especially to external partners, stakeholders, and consumers.
- Proven track record of media contacts/relations.
- Excellent writing skills essential.
- Proven experience of presenting to clients and or delivering new business presentations/pitches.
- Candidate must be able to work in a small business environment where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description.
- Must be extremely familiar with navigating key social media platforms and in social media trends that will enable the business to access a sizeable portion of its consumer, potential consumers, and media outlets found online.
- Must have an ability to develop, implement, and evaluate complex PR plans and strategies and in successfully executing them. Must also demonstrate skill and genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends that will keep the business at par with competing businesses in the market.
- The candidate must be capable of developing relevant but creatively compelling messages that address the consumers’ interests.
- Must have the ability to work with researchers in the development of creative and innovative PR strategies and tactics that ensures the business and product a competitive edge.
- Must be self-motivated; have the ability to work well in a team setting; must be an enthusiastic problem solver; have excellent negotiation skills coupled with an ability to move and influence masses of people; and be an quick learner who easily catches on with market trends and relays them to the business.
- Travelling for events depending on location might be required from time to time.
Posted on 23 Aug 16:02