- Potential jail time on the cards for CV fraudsters
- Education initiatives can transform CSI into social justice
- Companies need to ask themselves: can innovation be taught?
|Get jobs on your |
|Benefits:||Contribution to pension fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Established in 1963, Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children. Ikamva Labantu has had a substantial impact on at-risk communities through the provision of resources, services and support.
Ikamva Labantu seeks to appoint a Communications Manager, to oversee all marketing, media and communications for the organisation.
This role involves frequent work with at-risk communities and requires a candidate who is culturally and socially aware and sensitive.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sustainable Development.
- Define, implement and manage a comprehensive communications strategy
- Define and implement social media strategy and manage social media platforms
- Manage website content including regular blogs; manage relationship with web developer
- Publish quarterly online newsletter, annual report and relevant fundraising and marketing materials
- Spearhead communications for campaigns and fundraising appeals, and develop communication plans accordingly
- Manage media relations and ensure relevant media presence with press releases, pitches, and advocacy work
- Manage storytelling projects, including interviews, photography, videos and written accounts.
- Manage freelancer, agency and partner relations
- Manage a communications budget
- Use marketing analytics to inform communications strategy
- Manage and ensure adherence to internal Corporate Identity
- Oversee internal media library
- Support fundraising department with communication needs, such as reports, donor communications, proposals
- Provide communications support to department heads and programme managers
- Be tech-savvy
- Be a leader in the Fundraising team and take initiative and ownership of projects
- Work well in a small team
- Work independently and manage time efficiently
- Manage several projects at once and prioritise accordingly
- Show cultural and social sensitivity and translate this into the work
- A degree in journalism, public relations, communications or similar
- Minimum of five years proven relevant experience in communications
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written English ability, and strong attention to detail
- Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in networking/facilitating partnerships and working with external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work within township communities
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector
- Basic design skills and knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Photography skills
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with Wordpress (or similar CRM systems), MailChimp and Google Analytics
For enquiries please contact Jovana Djeri on 021 461 8338.
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity.
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za.
Posted on 11 Jul 14:16
021 461 8338