|Get jobs on your |
Head of Communications/Fundraising
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Rondebosch|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionREFERENCE PSA612
This prominent Non-Profit Organisation working within the Children's Health sector is an independent organisation established in 1994 to raise extensive levels of funding to support the specific projects and needs of the organisation, with the aim of providing advanced health care exclusively for children in sub-Saharan Africa.
The head of communications/fundraising will report to the CEO and form part of the Senior Management team. You will be responsible for development and implementation of an ambitious, innovative and effective Communications and Fundraising strategy, in line with the objectives of the organisational strategy to achieve long-term sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least ten years of proven experience in leadership and strategic management level and this MUST include extensive Non-Profit sector expertise, including Fundraising expertise.
- Extensive track record of facilitating creative and innovative thinking and implementation in both areas of Communication and Fundraising – both are essential to the nature of the role.
- Excellent relationship building skills with donors, potential stakeholders and corporate entities and individuals who support this organisation.
- Sound management skills in problem-solving, analytical thinking, and excellent time-management
- Strong expertise in managing a team, building and motivating high performance and effective output throughout the staff.
- Excellent Communication ability in both written and verbal form, and excellent public speaking skills across various events.
- Lead and develop an innovative and effective strategies to underpin the goals and to accelerate income growth across various funding streams and the visibility of the organisation.
- Generate new funding streams and opportunities to increase income
- Develop and deliver high-impact communication strategies across the entire spectrum of communication disciplines including digital media, public relations, brand management, marketing, internal communications, events and publications.
- Collate and co-ordinate relevant fundraising and communication information with internal and external stakeholders through various reporting platforms.
Only candidates with a combination of extensive, senior-level communication, and fundraising skills will be considered for this crucial role in this organisation.
Non-profit management experience is crucial
RequirementsStrong verbal, written and presentation skills are essential as is the use of all forms of social media, media and marketing tools.
Posted on 22 May 16:02
- Head of Department - Human Resources, Cape Town, Oasis Group
- Head of UX Design, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Head of Paid Social, Cape Town, Centry City, Milnerton, Mark1
- Head of Curriculum/Learning, Cape Town
- Senior Software C# Developer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Software Developer C#, Cape Town, Century City Area, DigiOutsource