|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Our Marketing department is in search of a culture and brand-fit Marketing Coordinator to join their team to manage the Keedo portfolio. This person will report to the Digital Lead and is responsible for supporting the digital marketing activities with a focus on conceptualizing, executing & deploying the portfolio’s online (and in some cases traditional) content across all the brand channels.
The candidate will also be required to implement the annual brand marketing strategy, manage timings & budgets, manage relationships with creative& media agencies, partners, shopping centres and stores to ensure the brand is always well represented and on track to achieve the overarching business objectives.Duties and responsibilities:
Implement annual TTL marketing campaigns, timelines and budgets.
- Align the merchandise buyers and the business with direction of the Brand’s marketing plans and tactics.
- Ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to the broader marketing team.
- Assist in creating an annual marketing plan, incorporating seasonal factor, key sales periods, and visual merchandising opportunities.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify key opportunities.
- Build out the brand calendar to incorporate both above and below-the-line campaigns and promotions, productions and other key dates to ensure timely campaign roll outs.
- Support the discovery of external influencers and identify possible collaboration opportunities in partnership with the PR coordinator (such as events and activations).
- Manage budget parameters for the marketing plans and ensure that all work is completed within the budget provided.
Manage relationships with our creative and media agencies.
- Maintain existing relationship and act as the point of contact for external agencies.
- Support the execution of projects by the creative agency to ensure that Keedo is always well represented in a brand appropriate way and digital first manner.
Liaising with other departments, partners, shopping centres and stores
- Foster relationships with store teams to ensure that you leverage any relevant opportunities that arise within their centres.
- Liaise with stores to make them aware of campaigns, promotions etc.
- Respond to any store queries and opportunities that might arise in a timeous manner.
- Continuously explore ways to build and maintain customers on the Keedo database.
- Identify and support lead generation partnerships and growth initiatives.
Coordinating and reporting on campaign and promotional performance
- Establish performance specifications and sales estimates as campaign KPIs
- Measure and report on performance of all marketing campaigns and promotions against pre-determined goals (ROI and KPIs)
Brand gatekeeper and central communicator
- Setting up and facilitating key meetings
- Proactively assist and offer opportunities that assist other marketing functions in achieving greater success with campaigns, promotions etc.
- Work with other marketing teams to achieve success for the business and achieve company goals and objectives
- Plan, execute and deploy all email, social media, SMS and paid media assets in line with the brand content calendar.
- Execute strategies to drive traffic to the e-commerce website in close partnership with the e-commerce team.
- Analyse and report back on social media insights to guide future social media campaigns
- Results-driven and a confident team collaborator who is self-driven and highly organized; able to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of the full marketing mix (ATL, PR, Events & Digital)
- Highly creative with ability to think out of the box
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Digital native who is up to date with key online marketing channels.
- A tertiary qualification in a marketing or similar field (marketing, corporate communication, community management, etc.)
- A minimum of two years working experience in a digital marketing, brand or content role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to manage social media platforms (essential)
- Proficient understanding of paid media marketing channels
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is not required but is a plus
- A strong work ethic and methodical work approach
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write reports, create presentations and social media copy.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to continuously grow and enhance both on/off line networks.
- Marketing knowledge and commercial awareness, as well as strong affinity for Keedo as a brand.
- Attention to detail and problem solving is essential.
- A valid drivers licence and own car is essential
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, aligned to our Employment Equity plan.
Posted on 05 Aug 16:29, Closing date 3 Sep