|Get jobs on your |
Junior Event Manager
|Remuneration:||R6000 - R12000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Meaningful work in a meaningful company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Dunkeld West|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionPlease don’t spam us with your CV. We’ll ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Please note: This is for a six-month contract.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the Causes that need their help. At scale! We’re building and running the technology platform for the non-profit sector in South Africa (and eventually other developing markets). Our platform includes 13 corporate employee volunteering programmes with over 20k corporate employees signed up.
We need someone to join our Programme Management team for 6 months, helping us execute Employee Volunteering events and strategic projects. We take these client relationships very seriously.
You must want: To work in a fast-paced tech “Scale-Up” environment, where at times it may be necessary to do tasks beyond the job description. We’re obsessed with delivery and getting stuff done. We reward outcomes over effort. This is not your traditional Intern role – you’ll have a high level of responsibility and accountability.
You must be able to: Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself, leave ego at the door. You will need to be organised, passionate, energetic, solve problems on your feet and be obsessed with the details.
You must be: Comfortable with technology. We’re serious about this. You need to love the Internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
What we need you to do
- Work with our Programme Managers to create perfectly executed events that result in repeat business, ensuring that final outputs conform to time, quality, and budget.
- Help with planning/preparation/set up and break down of events
- Manage event administration including quotations and invoices
- Develop charity and supplier relationships
- Attend client status meetings, generate and create project reports
- Represent forgood as a brand ambassador at events
- Help with crisis management
- Learn our tech platform and be able to teach others
Company DescriptionSA's largest volunteering platform in the public and private sector...
RequirementsQualifications and experience required
- One to two years of events management experience and a qualification/equivalent work experience
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills
- Marketing and selling skills. You’re selling us through our events
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work for us because it doesn’t show that you care. It doesn’t tell us that you really want this role. And we only want to hear from people who really want this role. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t.
Please answer these questions. We’ll request CVs from the best answers.
1. Describe an event that you have worked on.
2. What processes did you implement to run the event?
3. What mistake(s) did you make that you learnt from in the events space?
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our clients and their employees.
Posted on 01 Apr 13:35
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731