|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville CBD|
A leading company in Bellville, Cape Town is recruiting a superstar financial accountant.
Our business has a strong brand and culture and it's super-important for us to make sure we find the right people to take us onwards and upwards. Whilst skills are very important, cultural-fit is paramount.
We can’t live without…
- Accounting Degree (B Com)
- An aptitude for creative or innovative thinking
- Be deadline driven
- Two to three years' post articles experience, including managing a small team
- Be team orientated
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical and strong business acumen
- Through continual review, monitoring and recommendations ensure an environment of strong internal controls within the financial reporting and accounts payable department.
- Oversee the management and development of the finance department.
- Act as the finance representative on financial reporting related projects.
- Critical and effective ongoing evaluation of financial systems and processes to ensure efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in line with Group accounting policy and adopted financial reporting standards.
- Preparation of statutory financial and group reporting financial information, including profit and budget forecasts.
- Compilation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, maintenance of all financial lease data and provision of support to the Head of Finance on financial projects.
- Supervise the planning and running of audits of all companies.
- Providing financial accounting support including tax and review of VAT returns.
Delivering the normal monthly financial pack on time should not be an achievement, it should be a given. It is how you can make the finance team add value to the rest of the group!
Posted on 09 Apr 10:52