Senior Marketing Coordinator
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart - Outdoor Brands - Head Office|
Our marketing department is in search of a senior marketing coordinator
to join their team to manage the Cape Union Mart and K-Way (Outdoor brands)
portfolio. The successful candidate will be an organised, executer with a strong strategic ability to drive the marketing functions on the brands.
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the annual brand marketing strategy, timing and budgets, manage relationships with our creative and media agencies, liaising with partners, shopping centres and stores, coordinating and reporting on customer events.
The role requires the incumbent to;
Key performance areas:Grow turnover through acquisition and retention of customers
- Project manage the marketing function in order to strategically conceptualize, implement and holistically execute customer-focused and company-led campaign strategies to enhance the customer experience through all touchpoints within the market.
- To attract, inform and retain the customer through ensuring an enhanced experience in order to service and retain the customer.
- To influence the customers brand experience and perception of the brand in the market.
Build single customer-centric capability for improved customer experiences
- Project manage the media strategy to ensure the inclusion of targeted publications to drive new market acquisition
- Drive the development of creative concepts to acquire new markets
- Plan, brief and execute marketing campaigns
- Database growth through marketing initiatives
Develop a high performing and innovative culture
- Develop data-driven strategies to enhance the customer’s in-store and online shopping experience
- Strategise and project manage the customer journey through brand campaigns and marketing touchpoints
- Brief and coordinate research via external and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for customer acquisition and retention
- Marketing of loyalty programme through marketing channels
Maintain USP/ Competitive Advantage
- Drive collaboration within the team to ensure a culture of excellence for pre and post-campaign deliverables
- Manage external and internal suppliers and freelance resources, to meet deliverables within deadline
- Reporting and reviews
Develop effective, efficient and agile processes
- Strategise and implement media collaborations to build meaningful connections with our customers
- Drive the "Goodvertising" narrative through all marketing channels with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive destination strategy narrative throughout the marketing strategy
Qualifications and experience:
- Establish processes and project manage timelines to optimise the work flow of the team
- Drive SOP to ensure consistent delivery of outputs
- Relationship management of internal and external resources to deliver outputs within deadline and budget
- Budget management (Executing within stipulated budget)
- Submission of budget reconciliation on deadline
Skills and competencies:
- A tertiary qualification in a Marketing or similar field (marketing, corporate communication, events management, etc.)
- Minimum of three years experience in a senior Marketing position (retail advantageous).
- Proven track record of events management including budgets, scheduling and events administration (project/campaign management).
- Proven track record of experience in ATL and budgeting management essential
- Valid drivers licence preferred
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Candidates that enhance the diversity of the team will be given preference, in line with our Employment Equity plan.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write reports and for Presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to continuously grow and enhance both on/off line networks
- A confident team collaborator who is self-driven and highly organized; able to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Powerpoint particularly) with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Competent social media user, highly familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Marketing knowledge and commercial awareness, as well as strong affinity for our Outdoor brands: Cape Union Mart and K-Way.
Posted on 14 Jan 15:40, Closing date 12 Feb