Retail Store Manager Assistant
|Remuneration:||R15000 - R20000 per month negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Group Funeral & Disability cover|
|Job level:||Management (Jnr - Mid, 1-4 yrs)|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Mambo's Storage & Home|
Our store managers are the leaders of our organization. As a member of the management team you’ll be responsible for coaching and guiding shop assistants to ensure we achieve our mission to provide a world-class shopping experience to our customer as well as ensuring the professional growth and development of your team. You’ll be challenged to manage the daily operations of one of our star retail stores. Our managers are entrepreneurs, innovators, role models and coaches who drive results, bring the Mambo’s way to life in our stores, and ultimately support the continuing success and growth of the Mambo’s brand.
If you want an exciting job with one of the fastest growing plastics retail stores in the country, join the team at Mambos! Are you a proven leader with a strong drive to succeed? Do you believe it is important to work hard but also have fun doing it? Are you an expert multi-tasker who would thrive in a high-energy retail environment where you need to prioritize quickly and think on your feet? If you answered yes, you may be interested in a position as an Assistant Store Manager at our store in East London. Responsibilities:
Desired Experience & QualificationQualifications
- Lead the store team in all aspects of store operations.
- Day-to-day management of the store.
- Take responsibility for the training & development of team members.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Management team.
- Drive sales through applying sales techniques and standards as well as identifying innovative new solutions to support sales growth.
- Ensure and provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Ensure appropriate merchandising standards.
- Control expenses and payroll budgets.
- Manage the staff experience and handle personnel issues.
- Model outstanding customer service practices for your team and ensure associates consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Will be involved in managing on or more of the following operations: Back of House operations (Receiving/Stock counts/ quotes), Merchandising, Point of Sale/Front End operations, Selling Floor, Customer Service, Returns, and all individual departments instore.
- Assisting/support management team in all areas of store operations, service, and merchandising.
- Human Resource Initiatives including but not limited to staffing, hiring, and staff scheduling.
Relevant business / admin qualification – retail management diploma or degree would be advantageous
4+ Years retail experience with administrative and people management experience
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong leadership and management skills
Strong analytical skills
Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to change
An excellent understanding of retail
Proficiency in stock management, cost control and cost management
Genuine interest in the MAMBOS brand and products
Ability and willingness to work weekends and extended retail hours
Mambo’s Storage & Home is one of the leading plastics and Homeware brands in the country –
Homeware. Kitchenware. Baking. Catering. Cleaning. Educational games. Toys. Outdoor. Stationery. Arts, Crafts and lots of Storage Solutions!
Posted on 09 Sep 11:42