- Throwing the book at qualification fraud
- What every graduate needs to know about networking for success
- What are transport services "rendered by the employer"? Sars clarifies...
|Get jobs on your |
E-Commerce Solution Architect
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
A large corporation situated in the southern suburbs of Johannesburg is recruiting a Solution Architect to work on e-Commerce projects within a permanent capacity.
Role Purpose and Objectives:
Ownership of the end to end solution design for projects
The objectives of the role include:
- Facilitating the design process to achieve a solution ratified by the architecture board
- Responsible for developing end to end technical solutions to address business problem, new service offerings go to market strategy etc.
- Using the standard architecture building blocks -document the end to end solution including the following:
- Application design
- Data Design
- Infrastructure design
- Network design
- Security design
- Integration design
- Understand internal and external business requirements as it relates to the change initiative
- Develops an application solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change.
- Collaborate with the Domain Architects on the solution design to ensure it conforms to enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps.
- Liaise with IT Project Managers and IT Delivery Coordinators to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Monitors effectiveness; recommends improvements according to systems development lifecycle.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Guide the Business Analyst to collect the required information to shape the design
- Provide guidance and coaching to developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Establish traceability between requirements and application solution architecture design.
- Lead and delegate application development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame.
- A significant can do attitude
- Results focus and driven
- Coordinates implementation tasks with end-user, operations and quality management.
- Has experience with alternate implementation strategies such as pilot or parallel.
- Facilitates implementation reviews for complex applications.
- Has consulted on various aspects of moving applications into the production environment.
- Has a wide range of experience: Infrastructure, networks, programming, applications, security, integration
- Has a platform and vendor independent mindset
- Can demonstrate design involvement in large scale systems integration projects
- Knowledge of functions and features of applications related to their area.
- Has experience with multiple, industry standard, structured methodologies.
- Has utilised in their career several difference project methodologies and understands when different approaches are appropriate.
- Has familiarity in developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments.
- Experienced developing solutions within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Facilitate a design outcome between the projects and the domain architects
- Need strong negotiating skills
- Must have excellent planning and organisation skills with a proven ability to bring projects in on time and within budget
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability
- Cultivate relationships with business and technology stakeholders.
- TOGAF exposure
- Undergraduate technical degree (e.g., BIng, BSc) or equivalent experience in Technology
- Comes from a package implementation or software development background
- Programming experience at some stage in his/her career
- Previous solution architecture or the technical lead for multiple projects
- Significant design exposure for large scale integrated solutions
- Minimum of two years' experience as an architect or technical lead
- Experience working in a business critical client facing digital environment
- Competent in Web Development technologies
- Good exposure to User Interface and User Experience Design, both Web and Mobile.
- Good knowledge around HTTP, TCP/IP, Webservices and Rest as well as the Security associated with these environments
- Added advantage if experienced with any of the following; Magento, Linux and Windows OS, MySQL or similar RDMS and Oracle Fusion Middleware
Posted on 15 May 09:31
+27 11 463 3478