|Get jobs on your |
Makro is searching for a Forklift Assessor that is HUNGRY, HUMBLE, ENGAGED, AND SMART AND FOLLOWS THROUGH.
Main Purpose of the job: This position exits to train, certify and update staff members to drive lifting machinery to required Transport Education Training Authority, department of Labour and Department of higher Education and Training, standards as required by South African law.
Key performance areas
- Travel to various stores within region and give training to all staff members requiring training on lifting machinery. In Unit standard 242972, 242974, 242981 and any future unit standards that may be required Makro SA.
Compliance and Administration Functions
- Planning of Monthly / Weekly diary of store visits
- Preparation of portfolio of Evidence prior to training and all administration associated with it.
- Submission of the training schedule is sent through to the Training coordinator, National Health and Safety Officer, prior to the training taking place in any store.
- Ensure that the correct training documentation pertaining to the unit standard that the learner will be trained on is used.
- Ensure that the standard of training meets the requirements, as stated at all times. All statuary requirements.
- Ensure that the learner has undergone a recent eye test & medical examination
- Ensure that the learner has submitted a recent certified copy of his / her Identity document
- Ensure that the learner has submitted a certified copy of the highest education obtained.
- Ensure that all documentation has in in the correct order in the portfolio of Evidence.
- Ensure that all markings etc. in the Portfolio of evidence is completed in Red pen only.
- Ensure that the original portfolio of evidence is sent through to National Health and safety officer and that the copy is kept for filing at the branch, where the training has taken place.
- In the case of a license renewal, will ensure that the learner has submitted their expired / last copy of their forklift license for the unit standard which they are applying.
- Ensure that all of certificates & licenses are still valid and that are trained by an external training company.
- Ensure that all of the certificates are signed, a copy made for portfolio of evidence & a copy sent back to National Health and Safety Officer for filing.
- Ensure that the learner completes & signs the certificate receipt register & this register is sent back to.
- Ensure that a monthly Forklift Drivers’ meeting takes place on site (this includes both permanent & temporary drivers’ on-site). The minutes of this meeting, as well as the signed attendance registers are submitted to National Health and Safety Officer.
- Will be required to attend a monthly management meeting with line manager to discuss priorities for upcoming months.
- Handling of all queries received from internal or external Moderator, all remedial action to be completed.
- Maintain a detailed analysis of when all operators’ licenses expire and plan for renewals etc.
- May be required to travel to other regions to assist with training of lifting machine operators when the need arises.
- Train all lifting machinery operators for all new Makro stores in on all required codes.
- Will be required to attend meetings quarterly on an annual basis, in addition to remedial action meetings and quality workshops, with the whole Forklift training team, our Quality management representative, the Training coordinator & our other Internal Moderator. During these meetings any concerns will be addressed, noted and rectified. Any new modification which is required, rollouts etc. will also be addressed in these meetings.
- Are required to attend all Transport Education Training Authority regulated meetings as per invitations and all workshops and visits to be logged on the Massmart compliance portal for Government regulation visits.
- A performance based audit on the training conducted will be done twice annually. The suggested corrective action & feedback will be given, in order to rectify. This will be done for monitoring purposes and to provide improvement the training which we conduct.
- A performance development review will also take place annually in order to assess personal progress within the training of Forklift drivers’.
Minimum Academic Requirements, Professional Qualifications, and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Licensed to drive and train unit standard: 242972 – code F8 & F5; Unit standard: 242974 – code: F1 & Unit standard: 242981 - code F12.
- 3 years’ licensed experience in these unit standards.
- Evaluating problems
- Investigate Issues
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Information
- Processing Details
- Structuring Tasks
- The employee is completely literate and is able to read, write and communicate in English, fluently.
- Outstanding administration, communication and planning capabilities.
- Leadership abilities, disciplined & responsible.
- Candidates need to have all relevant qualifications associated TETA accreditation.
- Knowledge of lifting machinery regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of TETA requirements.
- Knowledge of organizational procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of Makro Racking and Stacking procedures.
Makro supports Employment Equity principles and preference in all appointments will be given to people from designated groups and with disability.
If you don`t hear from us within fourteen days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 Mar 10:28