Paid Media Manager - Programmatic
The media manager will be spending our clients’ digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB) environment. Media Managers are required to know where best to buy inventory/online audiences for clients using demand-side platforms and ensuring that client goals and ROIs are met.So what is a media manager?
Media managers are responsible for maximising our advertisers’ digital budgets according to their required goals. In the context of Display advertising, Media Managers will be responsible for defining/creating digital RTB strategies, implementing this in platforms, and spending a predetermined budget - all to ensure the client’s digital goals are met and that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via various technologies, and at what price, as well as what inventory/audiences /programmatic strategies will be successful for a campaign.
- Closely interacts with other media managers, team leads, client services, in-market consultants and the media strategy team.
Collaboration with client manager
- Employ strategic campaign set-up with sufficient research, working closely with internal & external consultants, account managers and clients
- Following direction given by country consultant, when applicable
- Build and traffic campaigns in DSP platforms including desktop, mobile, video
- Ensure best practice RTB and buying techniques are employed at all times
- Working closely with Campaign Manager (CM) tech team to ensure seamless integration with full GMP stack clients
- Being able to troubleshoot issues within CM and presenting solutions
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimisation
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and Key Performance Indicators as established with the client and consultants
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- Ensure all correct revenues and media costs are reported on a monthly basis.
- Being able to interpret data outside of programmatic and delivering holistic overview to client
- Ability to check different channel behaviour and impact of various channels on digital campaign performance eg. how does Paid Search influence performance on Display and vice versa?
- Proactively seek new opportunities within the Programmatic space
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date
Knowledge and experienceImperative
- Close daily collaboration with consultants and regional leads to understand client’s goals and needs, communicating campaign metrics and performance to Sales and Client as needed;
- Campaign performance analysis and presentation to client manager and/or consultant for all campaigns
- First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance related issues
- Must have a passion for digital marketing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in buying media via Google Display and Video 360 (DV360)
- Experience working on Google Campaign Manager
- Experience with Google Analytics and how to implement and interpret data
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in management of digital accounts with a ROI focus
- Experience in managing digital campaigns with branding and performance-driven goals
- Experience with managing digital campaigns for video & mobile
- Must know how to work with budgets and how to allocate them effectively across different types of online media
- Ability to troubleshoot tech issues within buying platforms and present solutions
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret the strategy and execute this within the applicable platforms
- Ability to analyse campaigns & implement strategy based on findings
- Ability to conduct post-campaign analysis and to present that to country teams/client
- Ability to build reporting templates
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with other team members & consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing
- Experience across other real-time buying platforms (e.g. Xander, TheTradeDesk)
- Experience with other ad servers (e.g. Sizmek, Adform)
- Experience working on Paid Search (Google Ads and Microsoft Ads) and Social Platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, SnapChat, TikTok)
- Experience with working in a SSP or exchanges
- Third-party Ad verification reporting knowledge (IAS, Double Verify, Moat etc.)
- Experience within the Affiliate / Lead Generation sector
- Experience with Google Slides and Docs
- Experience within Google Tag Manager 360 or any other tag management tool
Key competencies and work ethic
- Attention to detail - this is key
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Cool under pressure
- Being able to take direction and working closely with team members and consultants
- Being able to share knowledge with the team
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to moc.atebucni@astnelat
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Specialised knowledge - have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained way to master the specialised knowledge needed to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up-to-date so that they can continue to deliver the best work possible.
- Competency - professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations up front, and they do their best to make the situation right. Professionals don't make excuses, but focus on finding solutions.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Be accountable for their actions even when making mistakes
- Show respect for the people around them, no matter what their role or situation.
- They exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) by considering the emotions and needs of others, and they don't let a bad day impact how they interact with colleagues or clients.
- Project a positive attitude at all times towards clients team members and motivate team members when they are less positive.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced unpredictable environment.
- Display a high level of independence: this includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines; proactive attitude; staying self-motivated; being self-reliant; continuous self-development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn in any situation
Please take note that if you do not receive a response within two weeks of applying, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 08 Aug 09:12, Closing date 7 Oct