Founded in 2001, we are digital marketing experts who help brands to use digital to upgrade their growth. We are Google’s longest serving European partner with a 19 year long relationship and have worked with them to deliver market-leading strategies for some of the world’s biggest companies. Our work has been recognised through several awards, achieving 11 major award wins in 2020 including “Best Use of Data” and “Best Use of Technology” at the Drum Awards.
About the Analytics and Data Team We are a full service Analytics team and form part of Incubeta’s Global Operation Hub in Cape Town. We service clients globally, and are experts in Analytics Implementation, CRO, Data Analysis and Data Science. Our strength lies in our collaboration with each other and our drive to be the best in our fields. As an Analytics Manager, you will fall into the Analytics Implementation pod in the team. Overview of role
As an Analytics Manager in the Analytics and Data team, you will be responsible for the business and technical enablement of Analytics solutions via Tag Managers, Analytics Platforms and other marketing software across all in-market teams. Responsibilities include:
Building strong relationships with clients and driving Digital Maturity.
Scoping of solutions for Analytics implementation:
Implementation of tracking solutions
- Creation of Measurement Plans (tier 1 and 2 clients)
- Creation of GMP Solution Designs
- Creation of App Implementation Documentation
- Creation of Data Layer Documentation
- Creation of Handover documentation and presentations
Role within the organisation
- Occasional Tag Manager implementations in line with best practices and global standards according to the approved Measurement Plan
- Strict adherence to Quality Assurance processes and documentation thereof
- Correct setup of Analytics Platform Configuration and Integrations with GMP and BigQuery
- Creation of Audience Frameworks
- Creation of Measurement Frameworks
- Technical and Business (Privacy) audits and presentation across Analytics, Tag Manager, and Data Layer Implementation
- Facilitation of Workshops or Roadshows for internal and external purposes
- Occasional ad hoc technical implementation support and troubleshooting on existing implementations for tier 1 and 2 retainer clients
- Maintenance of existing documentation for retainer clients
- Lead on adoption of latest products and trends in measurement
- Write thought leadership content or deliver talks on industry related topics
- Deliver tasks on time and at a high quality, using Incubeta communication channels and processes
- Mentor and Support junior team members where needed
Requireds and experience
- Reports to the Analytics Team Lead (Implementation Pod) in the Analytics and Data Team.
- Works with the global Ops team, international Analytics teams, local and global Commercial teams and global Consultants (local and international).
An Analytics Manager should be comfortable formulating Digital Marketing platform tracking solutions utilizing Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics (GA4 and Universal) and should be able to adapt to any new platforms that our clients use. A key component of the role is to be able to build strong relationships with clients by building trust and offering clear and effective solutions. In order to successfully perform this role, you will need the following hard and soft skills:Hard skills:
Google analytics implementation
Google tag manager implementation
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360 (Universal Analytics)
Deep understanding of Google Analytics, GTM and data layers in order to conduct Audits and Recommendations
- Advanced use of Tags, Variables and Triggers
- GTM Best practices and naming conventions
- Utilization of a data layer
- Utilization of Workspaces and Zones
- Utilization of tag and variable templates
- Measurement Plan Setup
- Macro and Micro Conversion Tagging (across platforms)
- Google Analytics Events for Audiences
- Google Analytics Events for Website Optimisations and Reporting
- Maintenance of Measurement plans:
- GA4 Measurement Plans
- GA4 Set Up
- Advanced Google Sheets / Excel and the use of Supermetrics
- Datalayer Provision and Recommendations (Ecommerce and Non-Ecommerce)
- Offline to Online Integrations (Data Imports in Google Analytics)
Ability to support teams to resolve technology/platform problems as well as reporting discrepancies, tracking issues and any other tech-related issues which affect campaigns including but not limited to:
Data Discrepancies in Google Analytics
Provide training to internal and external teams; including but not limited to:
- Data Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Integrated Platforms, including BigQuery
- Google Tag Manager and Website Tag Troubleshooting
- Adobe Analytics Solution Design Reference (advantage)
- Adobe Analytics Account Setup (advantage)
- Server Side Implementation Basics
- Consent Tracking
- Facebook Conversion API Implementation
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing strategy / online acquisition channels and attribution
- Ability to create an enterprise level Measurement Framework
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager
- Digital Privacy
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to mentor and support a junior team member
- Relentless enthusiasm and highly reliable.
- Ownership-driven, proactive to self-learn and make progress.
- Confidently deal with enquiries around analytics from and establish influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical communicator - able to turn complex technical concepts into simple and easy-to-understand concepts for both internal teams and clients.
- Strong professional business communication skills - ability to write a professional email, conduct presentations and speak professionally to clients and teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, pro-learning environment on multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Accountable for your actions even when making mistakes
- Organized and detail oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive feedback
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
1. Google Analytics Individual Qualification
2. Certified Google Marketing Platform Partners Education:
a. Design Successful Cross-Stack Architecture
b. Data Capture with Sitewide Tagging
d. Tech Infrastructure
3. Adobe Qualifications would be advantageous. Growth Opportunities To be discussed in the interview process.If you feel you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to moc.atebucni@astnelat
Please take note that if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 08 Aug 09:11, Closing date 7 Oct